DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HELP - Driod and Stereo Bluetooth Headset - How to...

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy HELP - Driod and Stereo Bluetooth Headset - How to...

HELP!!! - How do you use a bluetooth headset for music on the droid? What options/settings need to be activated?

I just got the droid and have been ok with the idea that the bluetooth functionality is limited/non existent regarding voice activated dialing. Now here is my issue - I have my stereo bluetooth headset paired with the driod and can use it for calls....no problem. How in the heck do I get the audio to go through the headset? I have not seen any how to's on this. When I use the music app that comes with the phone it works fine through the speakers but does not have any option, that I could see, to send the audio to the bluetooth headset.

I'd appreciate replies from those who have actually acomplished this - not the "I think this'll work" replies. It's really frustrating to have gone from a fully functional bluetooth supported device to this bluetooth dysfunctional creature.

Hope someone can help.

My Headset: BlueAnt X5 Stereo Headset (It's A2DP compliant)

Augustus
    Last edited by Augustus; 11-22-2009 at 08:58 PM.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    HELP!!! - How do you use a bluetooth headset for music on the droid? What options/settings need to be activated?

I just got the droid and have been ok with the idea that the bluetooth functionality is limited/non existent regarding voice activated dialing. Now here is my issue - I have my stereo bluetooth headset paired with the driod and can use it for calls....no problem. How in the heck do I get the audio to go through the headset? I have not seen any how to's on this. When I use the music app that comes with the phone it works fine through the speakers but does not have any option, that I could see, to send the audio to the bluetooth headset.

I'd appreciate replies from those who have actually acomplished this - not the "I think this'll work" replies. It's really frustrating to have gone from a fully functional bluetooth supported device to this bluetooth dysfunctional creature.

Hope someone can help.

My Headset: BlueAnt X5 Stereo Headset (It's A2DP compliant)

Augustus
    Ok...now it's DUH time -

I resolved the problem by re pairing the X5 and making sure it said 'phone and media' when it paired. Works fine for music and all streaming audio. This will now ease my issues with the phone - I just hope someone - anyone - builds the app that will allow us to use the bluetooth headset for voice dialing.

Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go pair my headset with the wife's droid too....the X5 can pair with up to 10 devices.

Augustus

Links