DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DROID vs Storm?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

DROID vs Storm?

I currently have the Blackberry Storm, and am really considering the DROID. My contracts nowhere near up though so I'd be paying full price for the DROID, is it worth it? Anyone previously have the Storm and upgrade to the DROID? What do you think?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Welcome. Should try a search on this since there are many posts already on this subject. I only owned the Storm1 for a short period, but the Droid is so much better IMHO. Check out this one to get you started.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...orm-droid.html
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    This may help you too on the early upgrade and save you some money. I know that it pays to be very nice to customer service when you are looking to get what you want. www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/4096-verizon-early-renewal-droid.html
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you are at 10 months into a 2 year contract you can resign a contract and get it for 2 year pricing.

I was a self described "power user" on my storm. I knew every tip, trick, bug, and installed every leaked/hybrid os out there. There is no comparison. The Droid is solid from the start. Most common "problems" are from "first smartphoneitis" because they don't know how or what to expect from a smartphone.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm not even close to 10 months in. I had just recently gotten the Storm with my New Every 2, and I'm just so sick of its unreliability, freezing, etc, that I ALREADY want to get rid of it. It's only been a few months tops. Thanks for the links to the other threads, I'll check them out and see if I can get anything done for myself.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Purchased a Storm for someone last year during the holiday season....after using my Droid...purchasing a Droid for the same person this week. Enough said.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    I was a self described "power user" on my storm. I knew every tip, trick, bug, and installed every leaked/hybrid os out there.
    So what do you do with all your free time you have now? I did all that stuff too. And I don't miss it one bit. The only thing I am updating now are Apps, not OS's. No more midnight waits on the latest greatest fix or hybrid.

issues636, I was a die hard BB Storm 1 user. I waited outside my local VZW store last year to get it. The Storm really is a Decent Device, the hardware is solid, the software has always been flawed. It only started to get better when the 5.0 releases started coming out. If it weren't for me being up for my NE2, I might have waited and been somewhat content with my Storm1. But since I was able to upgrade, I jumped on it. Repeated my early morning wait outside my local VZW Store.Ii got there really early, but was only number 2 there, some nice woman that couldn't sleep either all night beat me there

All I can say is, pay full price now, sell your Storm on EBay, they still bring a decent price there. Whine and complain to VZW Customer service or your nearest VZW Store Customer Service Rep. Play it for all it's worth. Add a new line too your account, and give the Storm to a family member. There are options. As stated above, you could just re-up your contract to a new 2 yr one. I am sure you can get a discount that way too. Or go to the Eris. Very similar to the Droid. No slide out keyboard. And is less expensive than the Droid. But since you don't have one now, I don't see it as a drawback for you. Verizon wants to keep your business, and I am sure they would like you happy too. Go down and try to wheel and deal with them, if that doesn't work good enough for you, call Sales on the phone.

THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY !! When there is a Want
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by issues636 View Post
    I'm not even close to 10 months in. I had just recently gotten the Storm with my New Every 2, and I'm just so sick of its unreliability, freezing, etc, that I ALREADY want to get rid of it. It's only been a few months tops. Thanks for the links to the other threads, I'll check them out and see if I can get anything done for myself.
    Awww, well if you complain to verizon enough about the issues your having, I'm sure they will eventually give you what you want. They make a lot more off of you from your contract than the phone. A friend of mine threatened to switch providers because his phone was giving him issues. They gave him credit on his account and a free bb bold.

Good luck!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    If it wasn't for the narcs and informants in here working for Verizon...i'd be able to tell you a strategy.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid & Tour
    They don't even compare. The original Storm was aweful IMO. Although the Storm 2 is a major improvement, there's no comparison to the Droid (long-time BB user here). Definitely take a look at that early upgrade thread. I posted some info there about me getting an early upgrade. Being as you just bought the phone though, that may be a little different. I even considered paying full retail. Now that I have it, I'd say that it's worth it for those people who will actually use it for all it's worth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links