DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto Droid Commercials v Incredible Commercials

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Moto Droid Commercials v Incredible Commercials

I'm a pretty big baseball fan and I watch a lot of games. I've yet to see 1 Droid Incredible Commercial on either ESPN, FOX, or any other network that broadcast baseball games, and since I have MLB Extra Innings I see them all.

They've had the the Incredible commercial on You Tube but that's the only place I've seen it.

Until last night. Last night while watching the Dodgers make fools out of Arizona, in a broadcast on Prime Ticket Los Angeles I finally saw the Incredible commercial.

But I also saw 2 Motorola Droid commercials. So it appears that while Verizon is associating our brother Android phone completely as a "Droid," it looks to me like Motorola is still the main flag waver. But I think the brand "Droid" will in time be far less associated with just Motorola.

We've been talking in some threads about the Droid 2. The way the marketing appears to be going there will be at least one other Droid before Motorola releases their a955, and when they do I would expect it to be called something other then "Droid 2."

I also think that even with other Android phones being released by other carriers that "Droid" will remain exclusive to Verizon.

This thread is not a Droid vs the Incredible thread, it's just some observations I've noticed in the past few weeks since the release of the Incredible. I think that many of us will be thinking of Droid in time as one of a long line of phones and that the Moto Droid will just be considered the a855 and the first Android phone bearing that brand name.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Could they keep the same name?

In a year from now Verizon lets the Droid name settle down a little then releases a new "Droid"

I don't know enough about marketing, this might lead to a failed product.

I'd be ok with "Droid 2.0" but I don't want "Droid Magnificent" or "Droid Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    the first of the rumored 3 new Moto devices will be named something like this

1. Droid Shadow
    2. Droid 2.0
    3. Droid ZOMGWTFBBQPWND!@

and then all will be right in the world!
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If they released a new model every 2 years they could keep the Droid name, it would be like a car manufacture, they don't come up with new names every year. They have a specific brand name and build to those standards.

A lot of other companies do the same, I wouldn't feel weird about buying another Droid, 2011 model.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    They're also showing a TON of Incredible commercials on network TV, so perhaps the Incredible isn't being targeted at specific fans, more so at a broader audience that might catch basic cable?
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zegolf View Post
    They're also showing a TON of Incredible commercials on network TV, so perhaps the Incredible isn't being targeted at specific fans, more so at a broader audience that might catch basic cable?
    Hey zegolf, you know me I TiVo everything so and I zip through the commercials, however if there is even a hint of a Droid commercial I will usually stop. So far I haven't noticed that but I am 2 weeks behind on network television watching.

I notice on live sports they are showing the Droid on national television, not the Incredible. That might change this weekend with wht I saw last night, it will be interesting to see.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    What network? I have yet to see an Incredible commercial
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I've been seeing them on hulu a lot

edit: incredible ads that is
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by iPirate View Post
    What network? I have yet to see an Incredible commercial
    I saw it the past couple of days on the YES network
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I see Motorola Droid commercials EVERYDAY...I see the HTC Droid Incredible commercials maybe once a week.
    Ridin' the lightening!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links