DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a HUGE problem with Seidio!!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Angry I have a HUGE problem with Seidio!!!

I am having a HUGE problem with seidio!! I ordered the home cradle, the car dock, the 2600 mah battery, and the extended battery case and holster combo for my moto droid for a total of $170. My car dock and battery turned out to be defective so I needed to send them back for replacement.

When I called to get all this handled they said that I would have to send them back to get them exchanged. Since I lost my OEM battery and couldn’t do without my phone for the two plus weeks that it would take to resolve this issue so I had to buy another battery for an additional $69. This time it was not a 2600 mah but the new 2800 mah battery. They discontinued the 2600 mah which leads me to believe that they were known to be defective.

The girl I was doing the order with said that when the items are received I would be refunded the $69 that I had to spend for the new battery. Now I get my shipping invoice for the defective items that were being replaced and returned including the car dock, and low and behold they are shipping me another 2800 mah battery, the one I was supposed to be refunded for.

So I called today to inquire why the battery was being shipped and they said it was my replacement. I explained to them the situation and that when they received the defective battery that I sent back the girl I spoke with before said I would get my refund. They said that not how their system works.

So now I have to box the new battery that they are sending me back up and send it right back to them in order to get my refund. WTF why not just keep it at seidio in the first place and refund my money??? Now I have to pay to turn around and put this new battery right back in the box and ship it right back to them. So now I have to pay to send things back to them twice!!! Who's getting screwed here?? That would be me!!

I now have the Droid Incredible and would like to get the seidio extended battery for it, but I’ll be darned... they won’t get another penny from me; this is NOT what customer service is about.
    Last edited by smacinskyjr; 05-12-2010 at 01:41 PM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    That is why i "rarely" deal with outside vendors like Seideo.

I would much rather have OEM when it comes to the droid. Just my opinion
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Seidio

I've had a similar experience with Seidio customer service. Ordered a docking station from them for my Motorola Droid. (This was the week that they came out. Jan I think.) It was defective. Wouldn't charge my phone. At the time I contacted the Seidio rep on this forum and they told me that they would send me a new dock with a shipping label to return the old one.

I got the new one with no return shipping label. To my dismay the second one that they shipped was also defective. I contacted customer service several times with no reply. Contacted again and they said to call when all I was asking for was a shipping label. Tried calling and never got anything but voice mail.

I contacted the Seidio Rep on here with no success. Finally after a month of being without my money or a functional dock I sent them an email basically saying how poor their customer service/quality control has been and that they will not get another dime of my money. After that they finally respond back with a return shipping label. (Two weeks after my email.) I told them to screw it at that point. I'm never dealing with them again.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I've found customer service with most companies to be pretty accommodating if you remain calm, stand firm, and directly request what you want to make things right (within reason). Getting irate and making arbitrary demands (not saying you did this) usually puts the representative on the defensive rather than putting them in an accommodating frame of mind.

They are a DF supporting vendor, try sending them a PM through the forum and see if whoever handles their account here can help make it right. Companies like them will usually do what it takes to avoid bad publicity on forums like this. I'm sure they'll do something for you.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    ive heard too many horror stories about seido from being on CB.com for a long time and now im hearing it here.

Seems like everytime someone calls they get a different answer for the same question.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    I've found customer service with most companies to be pretty accommodating if you remain calm, stand firm, and directly request what you want to make things right (within reason). Getting irate and making arbitrary demands (not saying you did this) usually puts the representative on the defensive rather than putting them in an accommodating frame of mind.

They are a DF supporting vendor, try sending them a PM through the forum and see if whoever handles their account here can help make it right. Companies like them will usually do what it takes to avoid bad publicity on forums like this. I'm sure they'll do something for you.
    As I said in my post I did try contacting the Seidio person on here through PM as well as customer service. For the most part I was just ignored by them. And my problem certainly wasn't resolved. I just told them that if keeping my money and leaving me with a defective product x 2 was what they wanted then so be it. But they weren't getting any return business from me. At least I now know that I am not the only person that they have treated poorly.

As a DF supporting vendor you would think that they wouldn't want people to be telling stories about bad customer service but they made their own bed on this one.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow... Well I wont be using them
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have never used Seidio but I have heard only nasty things.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I really like their innocase and holster. I have not had any experience with anything else.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by scandroid View Post
    I really like their innocase and holster. I have not had any experience with anything else.
    I really like their stuff too, but the customer service is horrible.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links