My NE2 was due in July but I called and had it made available now, they will also give me a $40 account credit if I upgrade in the next week. I used the arguement July is my 10th aniversery with VZ and they needed to do something for me.
I love my Tour for e-mail but absolutely hate it for anything else. I played with the Moto Droid and really like it. The quandary, the VZ rep stated there were new phones coming out this summer and I might want to wait. He would not elaborate.
So, get the Moto Droid now or wait a couple months?