DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly who has better service... Verizon or AT&T

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid to Incredible
    Pacific Northwest - Absolutely unconditionally with Verizon. In the many years I've been here, I have been in one place where AT&T had coverage and Verizon didn't...but I could literally walk/drive less than a mile, lose the AT&T coverage, but regain my VzN coverage. On the other hand, I have been dozens of places where VzN had coverage and my friends who went to AT&T for the iPhone were bugging me or my wife and kids to use their phones for texting and calling and heaven knows what. Safety is a big issue for me since I spend a lot of time on my boat with my family. I want the best coverage and I'm willing to pay for it...I don't put a price on it. A good way to judge this is to see what outfit the LEO's/EMT/FD recommend as far as coverage goes. Knocking on wood here...but I have NEVER had a dropped call with VzN in the 8 years I have used them...
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 Verizon
    I have had Sprint and Verizon (Verizon now for quite a few years) and so far in my area Verizon beats out.

Most anyone I have known to switch off Verizon has done so to get the iPhone (many) or one person because customer service pissed them off.

I think you should check around in your area and see which network offers the best service if that is your concern, and base it on that.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    I have a few friends on at&t because they live in a verizon dead spot. They hate it, they always complain about service and coverage, they just refuse to get a land line.. everybody else I know is on verizon, and for good reason.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Been with Verizon even before they were Verizon. Since 1988
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    In my area it is hands down Verizon. AT&T in the immediate town, but anything outside and it is nothing. Also...it seems to me that CDMA just does much better inside my work place than GSM does.
  6. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    always had signal strength issues and dropped calls with AT&T. now i'm with verizon and the droid.

but until the fix the echo/static issue with the droid, i don't want to comment because i don't have any experience with verizon outside of the droid.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Had at&t for a year and it can't compare imo. Verizon down here in SFlorida has better coverage. In my house I hardly ever use the wifi now. So far everywhere I've been has been good in terms data throughput. With At&t it was very spotty for data. Voice was ok though.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Revolution
    I'm an airline pilot, so I go all over the place all the time. My first carrier was AT&T, back before they switched to GSM (There's your timeline). It was ok until the GSM switch, at which point I lost coverage at my house, and just about everywhere I went.

On the recommendation of a co-worker, I switched to VZW, and have never looked back. I can't remember the last time I saw "No Signal" or whatever it says, except while the phone is booting.

On another issue, when I called to cancel my AT&T service, I think I spent more time on hold for that single call than I have spent on hold IN TOTAL with Verizon in the 6 years or so since I ported.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zennmaster View Post
    On another issue, when I called to cancel my AT&T service, I think I spent more time on hold for that single call than I have spent on hold IN TOTAL with Verizon in the 6 years or so since I ported.
    That reminds me of a similar experience. I was with Cingular and was very happy with it. When ATT bought Cingular they shut down the tower near my house and my reception at home went from great to almost non-existent. I had just re-upped with Cingular and called ATT to cancel. I told them I didn't have a landline and what had happened. I went through 3 levels of mgt at the call center, they verified my story (tower shut down) and said "tough, we don't guarantee coverage" and made me pay the early termination fee.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Phoenix area, hands down Verizon.

My wife is constantly loaning her phone to her partners (ambulance crew) with iPhones because they keep dropping calls.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links