DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: My dad has the Incredible... and I tried it out.

  1. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    My dad has the Incredible... and I tried it out.

    Turns out my dad got one on the first day.

    I was at mothers day dinner - 4 of us had Droids, and he had the Incredible.

    1) It was MUCH lighter. Not as ugly as I thought it would be.
    2) Thickness is very easy to describe... take the screen off ours and it's exactly that thick.
    3) Quickness - very fast there is no question. However I was not blown away and unless I was using his all day I would never really care.
    4) Interface - it's got HTC Sense on it. It was HORRIBLE. I could barely figure out how to do anything on the phone except the very basics. He wanted me to fix his clock and it was very difficult to navigate. I will NEVER buy an HTC Sense phone - pure android is WAY better. I hated it.
    5) Screen - Very sharp and nice. Putting it next to the Droid the colors were more vibrant and the blacks were much blacker. However it was not so good that I really cared. It's like going to a TV store and comparing the plasma's to the LCD's - there are a million difference but at the end you will be satisfied with what you buy.

    Would I trade? No. I detested the HTC Sense so much I didn't want it.

    If it didn't have HTC sense then I'd probably trade for it. But it's such a small step up from the Droid I really don't care.


    There is ONE thing I wanted from it. It had a Live Wallpaper with all sorts of colors and smoke. I can't find it in the market at all... can someone rip it so we can use it... it was beautiful. I think it was HTC made.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    blackjoker4215's Avatar
    Member #
    3811
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    194
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Turns out my dad got one on the first day.

    I was at mothers day dinner - 4 of us had Droids, and he had the Incredible.

    1) It was MUCH lighter. Not as ugly as I thought it would be.
    2) Thickness is very easy to describe... take the screen off ours and it's exactly that thick.
    3) Quickness - very fast there is no question. However I was not blown away and unless I was using his all day I would never really care.
    4) Interface - it's got HTC Sense on it. It was HORRIBLE. I could barely figure out how to do anything on the phone except the very basics. He wanted me to fix his clock and it was very difficult to navigate. I will NEVER buy an HTC Sense phone - pure android is WAY better. I hated it.
    5) Screen - Very sharp and nice. Putting it next to the Droid the colors were more vibrant and the blacks were much blacker. However it was not so good that I really cared. It's like going to a TV store and comparing the plasma's to the LCD's - there are a million difference but at the end you will be satisfied with what you buy.

    Would I trade? No. I detested the HTC Sense so much I didn't want it.

    If it didn't have HTC sense then I'd probably trade for it. But it's such a small step up from the Droid I really don't care.


    There is ONE thing I wanted from it. It had a Live Wallpaper with all sorts of colors and smoke. I can't find it in the market at all... can someone rip it so we can use it... it was beautiful. I think it was HTC made.
    The only thing that is stopping me from wanting one is the sense ui...it is so horribly bad.

    Droid 1: 2.0>Manual 2.0.1>OTA 2.1>Future!
    Droid X: 2.1>Future
  4. Master Droid
    solorca's Avatar
    Member #
    34160
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    330
    Phone
    Incredible
    #3
    That's weird. I have the Incredible and I barely notice HTC Sense. I use Beautiful Widgets instead of the clock/weather that is preinstalled. I also only use two of the widgets that came with the phone.

    The only other things that Sense seems to add is the seven screens (without rooting) and snappier movement between screens (though I"m not sure if that's Sense or just the speed of the phone). The HTC IME keyboard is fantastic, but I had that on the Droid anyway.

    I have everything set up almost identical to what my Droid was set up with. Now I'm just waiting on root to do a few little tweaks.
  5. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    Solarca,

    Can you identify the live wallpaper I'm talking about - very colorful with smoke going across the screen.
  6. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Solarca,

    Can you identify the live wallpaper I'm talking about - very colorful with smoke going across the screen.
    Try the wallpaper 'magic smoke'. If you go into the settings it lets you change the colors
  7. Beta Team
    HolyGrail's Avatar
    Member #
    16136
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    370
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #6
    [quote=blackjoker4215;463442]
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post

    The only thing that is stopping me from wanting one is the sense ui...it is so horribly bad.
    LOl, I really like Sense UI. Couldn't go back to vanilla Android now. To each their own. My own-self be true.
    Last edited by HolyGrail; 05-10-2010 at 12:08 PM.
  8. Developer
    adrynalyne's Avatar
    Member #
    18036
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,896
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    I like Sense better in that it has solved many of the problems with the Android UI such as stuttering and laggines.
    If you like what I do Follow me on twitter!

  9. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
    I like Sense better in that it has solved many of the problems with the Android UI such as stuttering and laggines.
    I think you're attributing to Sense what should be attributed to Snapdragon.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  10. Premium Member
    Backnblack's Avatar
    Member #
    6311
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    #9
    Sense is a breeze to navigate.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    Only the Skilled Survive

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

    Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.



  11. Beta Team
    HolyGrail's Avatar
    Member #
    16136
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    370
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
    I like Sense better in that it has solved many of the problems with the Android UI such as stuttering and laggines.
    I think you're attributing to Sense what should be attributed to Snapdragon.
    I don't know. The Droid Eris which has Sense UI, also is much smoother switching screens then the Moto Droid. Sense UI is doing something right (when it comes to this).
    Last edited by HolyGrail; 05-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Incredible's battery life is not incredible
    By tempo in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
  2. Droid Incredible's service not so incredible
    By KrubKrum in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. Htc incredible.!
    By woodyman in forum Droid Concepts
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 05:06 AM
  4. Htc incredible.!
    By woodyman in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 09:11 PM
  5. HTC incredible?
    By pilot25 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM

Search tags for this page

"mode10wallpapers"

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+