DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bald Faced Bucket of Dont

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Angry Bald Faced Bucket of Dont

Interesting to see how long the Motorola Droid forum police will take before they remove this post.
    I returned my Droid to Verizon last weekend after 2 weeks of workarounds and frustration.
    Biggest issue is failure of this phone to support Bluetooth voice dialing. It just DONT.
    Oh and while we are talking about Bluetooth - DROID mysteriously decides to ignore a paired device for no reason. It DONT do bluetooth nicely. After almost every call, I have to turn off and turn on the bluetooth (Aliph Jawbone Prime) and then sometimes (not always and not reliably) it will transfer a call to the headset. I don't know about you but holding a DROID to my ear makes my hand and arm hurt and looks weird 'cause it is so big - a headset is a must when talking on this paperweight.
    Email client is really weak - sets up OK but then mysteriously decides to stop polling for new messages - and there is no controls to handle scrolling of Inbox or switch to other folders. It DONT do email.
    It also DONT do attachments. Had a WMV file in a message - DROID DONT have flash and the app I downloaded for WMV required a file but the email client would not let me access the attachment to download it to the SD card.
    Alarm clock - DONT have ringtones. Default app has 6 crummy ringtones you could find on a decades old cell phone. Why bother providing such a weak app by default. Notably the APP market does have some nice Alarm apps though.
    The virtual keyboard has no scrolling capability - it DONT scroll. I was told you have to touch the screen to move the cursor. Try doing this with 240lb man fingers in a userid or password field on a web site! Also when you are done entering something where is the Done or Enter key?
    How about that browser - it DONT do HTTPS. I was able to get a few sites with the Opera mini download but could never access my remote DVR programming site. I could do this even on a dumb phone before.
    Good thing I don't use Rhapsody because Droid DONT do Rhapsody.
    Tried to use the Google map to find something - it found it fine (this IS a great app) - but when I asked to navigate all I got was a message saying - FINDING GPS. OK this could be related to a cloudy night but my old navigator program (VZ Navigator) never failed to locate GPS on my dumb phone.

After spending 2 hours on the phone with Support on these and other issues - for which there was no resolution - the support rep said I should get a Blackberry. I did and so far I have none of these same issues.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Ok......Bye
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Are you putting "don't" in caps so we can giggle at your inability to understand proper grammar?
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I didn't read this post...
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeb791 View Post
    Are you putting "don't" in caps so we can giggle at your inability to understand proper grammar?
    It DON"T do grammar!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Holding your phone hurts your arm? Dude seriously?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow sorry to see you gave the Droid so many problems. It is better off now back at Verizon so it can find a proper and loving home with someone capable of using it instead of staying on the phone with Verizon for hours. That's OK though. The Droid forgives you.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  9. ink
    Droid
    Member #
    I find it odd you have giant "man fingers" but holding the phone up to talk on it makes your arm hurt.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    ummm..... WOW!!! Got a giggle out of it anyway lol
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Ok folks move along, nothing to see here.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Links