DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Support Nashville, TN

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Exclamation Support Nashville, TN

My home town is under water. Though I and my family are ok others are not. Please let us help the people in this area. I know the economy is rough and people are trying to hunker down on money. But I pledge on here to give up all my fast food/junk food money in support of the families. Because just as the economy is hard on us; it is also hard on them, and now their home and jobs are under water.

This is the link to the local red cross in Nashville, TN.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    EDIT: This thread has been moved to General Discussion by JimMariner/ADMIN

Please Help if you can,
    This has approved by "JimMariner" to be here,
    Mod's Please leave this thread alone.

Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by JimMariner; 05-06-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Moved to General as requested
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    My home town is under water. Though I and my family are ok others are not. Please let us help the people in this area. I know the economy is rough and people are trying to hunker down on money. But I pledge on here to give up all my fast food/junk food money in support of the families. Because just as the economy is hard on us; it is also hard on them, and now their home and jobs are under water.

I will post the link to the local red cross there.
    Thanks for this, my Cousin and her husband live in Nashville and their house was severely damaged as well as their vehicles. Thank God they are safe, but the cleanup is going to be a pain! Even if you can't help out a quick prayer (or if you don't believe in prayer a quick thought) helps!
    Ridin' the lightening!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    bionic for now
    thanks for posting this, i live in west tn (near jackson) and we got some damage but it looks alot worse in nashville. they are gonna need a lot of help in all the clean up and damages.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Thanks for posting this and I hope you and yours have a speedy recovery process from the floods. Our best friend and his wife live in Murfeesboro and own a business in Nashville. They lost everything at both their house and business, including vehicles so I too understand the devastation there in TN. If everyone here on the forum would pitch in just $10. we could make a big impact on those affected in TN.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I havent been watching the news lately. I missed this.... Everyone affected will be in my prayers.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    Thanks for posting this and I hope you and yours have a speedy recovery process from the floods. Our best friend and his wife live in Murfeesboro and own a business in Nashville. They lost everything at both their house and business, including vehicles so I too understand the devastation there in TN. If everyone here on the forum would pitch in just $10. we could make a big impact on those affected in TN.
    I also have a friend in Murfreesboro and she was unaffected but she told me about others who have been.

What I'm curious about is...when Haiti had their issue...Verizon stepped up and let us send a text that made a $10 donation...

Maybe it's time they do it again for Tennessee?
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    I also have a friend in Murfreesboro and she was unaffected but she told me about others who have been.

What I'm curious about is...when Haiti had their issue...Verizon stepped up and let us send a text that made a $10 donation...

Maybe it's time they do it again for Tennessee?
    I believe you can text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to disaster relief.

https://american.redcross.org/site/S...lnav_text2help
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Romple View Post
    I believe you can text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to donate $10 to disaster relief.

https://american.redcross.org/site/S...lnav_text2help
    Sweet. Thanks, Romple! I'll post that on my FB as well.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Nashville is pretty bad but it's nothing compared to Hickman Co. (Centerville especially). My parents have a small farm in Lyles and that whole area was hit BAD. Still little to NO water and most of what is flowing is contaminated.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    My brother lives just outside of Nashville and it is pretty bad. He had a couple days without power but everything else is just under water.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links