DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do people not know how to use their phone/ use this forum? - rant

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yo dawg, can you give me some of ur 'roids. I wanna be buff and tuff like u.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    What bothers me is people who quote and requote the op, especially when the op is half a page long (on a mobil device). It's safe to assume that we've all read it.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    eris
    zoss:

Write a article? For the school newspaper perhaps? Relax, if you see a few multiple posts, whats the big deal. If this forum upsets you, hate to see you in real life. Cripes.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drrrrrooooooiiiiiiiidddddddd
    What a miserable life you have. It's just an internet forum. Go outside or something.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I run a truck forum with close to 90,000 members and I get the same thing all the time but the reality of it is back in 2001, when I started that site, it was meant for questions and answers. It was true in 01 and it's true today. There are newbies to everything and when they are getting started, they like to ask questions. My theory is that if you know the answer, help people out. Treat them how you want to be treated instead of *****ing about it. My .02 from a long time webmaster...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    "but not everyone is that way. it might take a leap of faith for someone to press a button on a phone for fear of breaking it because they don't fully understand the nature of what they are doing. but for others it seems rudimentary and basic because it makes sense - either from past experience or from existing knowledge about what to expect."

This.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyTime View Post
    Or........the phone just came out, and it comes with next to no direction on it's use. I'm not an unintelligent person, especially when it comes to technology, but as of right now, there isn't a lot of basic information on it.

As example, I'd like to set a personal picture as my wallpaper. I have searched the homepage forum and found some basics, but I have yet to find which folder pictures have to be in for the phone to recognize as wallpaper.

Sometimes it's not a matter of looking, but patience in looking.

On that note, does anyone know of a comprehensive tutorial with more than the basics?
    Mount drive then createa directory called Wallpaper on the root and copy pics to it. Then unmount drive goto home screen, press menu>wallpaper>pictures>choose pic of desire.

Thanks
    Scientists have proven that living actually causes death.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyTime View Post
    Or........the phone just came out, and it comes with next to no direction on it's use. I'm not an unintelligent person, especially when it comes to technology, but as of right now, there isn't a lot of basic information on it.

As example, I'd like to set a personal picture as my wallpaper. I have searched the homepage forum and found some basics, but I have yet to find which folder pictures have to be in for the phone to recognize as wallpaper.

Sometimes it's not a matter of looking, but patience in looking.

On that note, does anyone know of a comprehensive tutorial with more than the basics?
    Long press on home screen>Wallpapers>Pictures>all pictures are displayed, not sorted by folders. Choose one, voila!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Ok, thanks to both reggin and lauriep,

The information about the name for the folder is really what I thought I was looking for. However, after reading both posts, I thought before I objected to laurie's post, I should try it again.

Low and behold, not only was the camera picture there, the picture I had moved over into a folder created and named pictures, but all of my album artwork for music as well lol.

So I went from not being shown anything in the picture gallery to anything on the phone, intended or not lol.

Either way, it's working now, and thanks to both of you.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Zozz I feel your pain but it's like that on most forums. When I had my Pre it was the same on that forum as well. I usually have no issues with giving advice when I can, even to the simplest questions, but what gets to me is the attitude some of the newbies have. For example, rather than say "Help, I'm having an issue finding so and so......" or " Can the Droid do so and so.....", they'll write something like "The Droid can't do this " or " I hate this phone because...." . Then after that they expect a warm welcome. It's all in the attitude.

Another thing is some people are simply lazy. They're lazy to read the manual and they're lazy to search. And it's simple as that.

Also the subject of Android's complexity has come up here and in some other forums. And it's often used as an excuse. I ask, what is so complex about Android? Is it written in some foreign language that's hard to understand? Or is it written in a code that's hard to decipher? It took me no more than a few minutes at the Verizon store to figure out the basics. Once I bought it, just one evening and I had most of my questions answered. I have to say, I find nothing complex about Android, at least on the surface (where it matters to most). It may be different and might have a slight learning curve or require a slight modification of one's habits (just like any other system), but it's not complex.

My .02 cents.
    Last edited by darreno1; 11-21-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links