DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Multi Tasking App ?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Is there a Multi Tasking App ?

Hey guys basically i went from having an iPhone for about 2.5 years and went from an iPhone to a Palm Pre on Sprint network for the purpose of being able to Multi Task on the Pre with the CARD VIEW Web OS.

Now I have upgraded since X-MAS time to the Motorola Droid and I'm loving it and am extremely happy with the phone. The reason i switched to the Motorola Droid was because I read reviews about the phone about it being really quick and well optimized OS and also allowing me to multi task and being opened source.

Now I know it supports multi task and I'm happy of the way it performs, but I miss the way the Palm Pre worked with the Card Views me being able to see all my opened APPS. I know the Pre is a whole different OS and I understand if there is no way. I also notice that if you long press the Home key on the Droid you get a list of your last 6 apps used.

My question is is there any App out there that acts as a multi task of some sort that shows all my running apps and making it more easily for me to switch and multi task between them ? I tried to search the Market, but to date I have not found anything.

Thank you in advance.

-Mo
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Android is the multitasking itself... simply long press the "home" button and a menu will pop up with the last 6 apps used ready to switch between...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    Android is the multitasking itself... simply long press the "home" button and a menu will pop up with the last 6 apps used ready to switch between...
    Hi Icculusx I don't know if you read my entire post, but i mentioned that I notice you can Long press the HOME key on the Droid and it gives you a list of the last 6 or most recent apps used, but is there an APP that allows me to multi task and show all my apps instead of just 6?

Thanks for the feed back though.

-Mo
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's it. Long press the Home button to switch between the last 6 opened. Also just because it is NOT in the last 6 does not mean it is not running just not listed. If you access the app. through it's icon it is still doing what you set it out to do.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    That's it. Long press the Home button to switch between the last 6 opened. Also just because it is NOT in the last 6 does not mean it is not running just not listed. If you access the app. through it's icon it is still doing what you set it out to do.
    Dark yeah I notice that the App continues to run so I know it is doing the multi tasking job and was just trying to locate some sort of GUI app that would allow me to swtich between apps instead of me having to hit the launcher, which is not a big deal was more of a preference

Thanks for your feed back guys.

-Mo
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    oops, see that. Well thats about it...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    oops, see that. Well thats about it...
    Fair enough, thanks guys!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Advanced Task Manager shows the status of all your tasks and you can use it to switch to them as well as kill them. Works good.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    heres an article that might interest you..

Giz Explains: How Multitasking Works on a Phone - iPhone - Gizmodo
  10. Android Addict
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Dröid
    Premium Member
    Well, dxtop makes you have two app drawers. The left one is your normal app drawer. Your right one shows the last run apps as well as currently running ones and running services. You can quickly pop to them by hitting the icon. I use it and really like dxtop. However, the way the screens are laid out are what often turn people off. You can have 4 or 5 screens, but they're in a diamond shape. And, the way swiping works is that whenever you swipe down, you always get the top screen. Swipe left, you get the right screen. No matter what screen you were on (with one exception if you're using 5 screens).

I like the layout because I can basically get to any screen with one swipe of my finger, but it does take a bit of getting used to for some people.
    Follow me @ViciousCircle

If you like what I do, feel free to buy me a beer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links