DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Droid 2 Pre-Release thread

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    You guys ready for this? : )

This looks to be the Moto Droid Pro. Looking to be released in December. Hows this for some specs.

12 Mega-Pixel Camera With Xenon Flash And Led Flash (For Night Time Video Recoring)
    FULL HD 1080P Video Recording
    With HDMI Port
    3.5 MM Jack
    On Board 32-GB Memory
    With Hardware Keyboard Like Droid/Milestone
    And With Android 2.2 Froyo
    4.3 inch Screen.

Source:-Motorola Confidential
    aaaaannnd that's my christmas present right there.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Iphone4 ; HTC Incredible
    You guys ready for this? : )

This looks to be the Moto Droid Pro. Looking to be released in December. Hows this for some specs.

12 Mega-Pixel Camera With Xenon Flash And Led Flash (For Night Time Video Recoring)
    FULL HD 1080P Video Recording
    With HDMI Port
    3.5 MM Jack
    On Board 32-GB Memory
    With Hardware Keyboard Like Droid/Milestone
    And With Android 2.2 Froyo
    4.3 inch Screen.

Source:-Motorola Confidential
    Son of a Bee Sting, CK! I'm all over that...
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Next Droid/Android phone I will be getting will have to have an OMAP 44xx series SoC. Otherwise I see no reason to get a small upgrade in Processor and a bigger camera/screen. The performance difference between the OMAP 3430 and 3630 is minimal at best especially considering that the 3430 currently found in current gen Droids can be OC'd reliably to 1 - 1.2 Ghz.

Put simply. No Cortex A-9 core. No sale.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Darkseider take a look at the OMAP 3630's specs. Thats not a minimal performance increase.

No Cortex A-9 but it's a lot better than the 3430
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    I cannot wait until december >.<
    Last edited by Googleaddict; 05-07-2010 at 10:47 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Darkseider take a look at the OMAP 3630's specs. Thats not a minimal performance increase.

No Cortex A-9 but it's a lot better than the 3430
    Not so much. Take a look at this video. Talking about the differences between the two by a T.I. Engineer. Aside from some better hardware encode/decode for video... meh...

YouTube - Texas Instruments 65nm OMAP3430 vs 45nm OMAP3630

Pay close attention when he talks about core frequencies. He skates around that when talking about the actual ARM core.

EDIT: The best way to test this would be to get that 3D Gears demo or for that matter a version of glxgears that has been ported to Android and run the test.

EDIT: http://www.jeffboody.net/gears4android.php the lastest Gears APK works like a charm. Getting 65 FPS on 800 Mhz BB v1.0. Would like to see someone test on faster OC'd ROM to see if the GPU is effected at all by OC'ing the Droid. Granted this may not be the same demo that TI is running in the YouTube video but it is damned close.

EDIT: I noticed that in the video the OMAP 3430 was getting approx 95 FPS during the Gears demo. This makes me wonder if this is the same .apk. If it is and the source is available I am wondering if it can be compiled with switches to optimize performance based on the platform. I sent the author of the source an email addressing these questions and if/when I receive a reply I will update.
    Last edited by Darkseider; 05-07-2010 at 11:49 AM.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mike91908
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i know i am in the COMPLETELY WRONG AREA, but would one of you experts please take a look at my post?? please?? My 1 year old pulled my USB cable out of my phone as it was being flashed and now my bootloader says code corrupt and it WILL NOT flash now using the SBF file... if its ok with a mod, can i post the link to my post???
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
    Stonedroid theme by mike919
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    The hardware specs are amazing, I sure hope the Android OS can keep up. At this point I feel like I have the OS down and theres not much more to do other than check out an app here or an app there.

I could have my quad core'ed PC at home in my phone and its still the same OS
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by streetkid View Post
    The hardware specs are amazing, I sure hope the Android OS can keep up. At this point I feel like I have the OS down and theres not much more to do other than check out an app here or an app there.

I could have my quad core'ed PC at home in my phone and its still the same OS
    Actually I think it is the other way around. There is so much more that Android is capable of but I believe being held back because the hardware in current devices isn't powerful enough to present and use these features in a favorable way.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    12 MP camera? If that Moto camera is 2.4 times as good as the current 5MP in the Moto Droid then it should be only about half as crappy as the current Droid's camera.

But seriously, I am more concerned about battery life. From what I've read here so far, even just small increases in processing speed like the 1GHz phones are experiencing far worse battery life than the Droid. That's not easy to do and all that firepower means nothing if you have to buy a Seidio brick.
    Free Android App: Download the Law Guide and Law Dictionary from the Market!
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Links