DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: which android to buy for wife

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

which android to buy for wife

I've had my droid since December, now the wife wants one or something similar. She's due for a Verizon upgrade. Does anyone know where I can get the cheapest prices for the Droid, incredible, eris etc. Only want brand new, no refurbished or used from eBay. Is the Verizon store my only option?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Amazon Wireless or Wirefly would be cheaper than Verizon
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Best Buy seems to have the best phone prices. You get the rebate price versus going to the Verizon store.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by nooter99 View Post
    which android to buy for wife
    Quote Originally Posted by nooter99 View Post
    I've had my droid since December, now the wife wants one or something similar
    Personally, I find it easiest to support the better half when she's on the same hardware.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I would suggest Incredible..

I wish there was like a site to show which Verizon store has good customer service

Example :

I have 2 verizon stores where I live (close to me) and both of them are 1.5 mile apart.. First store has the friendliest people/managers working..Manager gave me free deals on stuff, reps know what they were talking about ...

I just stopped at the second store just to look at new phones long time ago, managers were rude.. reps were forcing people to buy stuff that they don't need. Walked out of there and never went back..
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Hmmm, maybe you can get an Incredible, compare it personally to your Droid, and choose which one you like. If you want the Incredible, spiff up the Droid, and give it to your wife!

Or, if you don't like fry pan dents in your head, just give her whatever new one you get...
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I suggest buying the Droid that you want most because that's how it is going to end up anyway, isn't it?
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    My wife is very happy with the Droid. I'm amazed at how happy she is with it. She came from a Blackberry Curve.

Just for grins and giggles I tried to price an Incredible at Amazon and they don't seem to have them.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I just got my wife a Droid from Amazon for her birthday. She's very happy with it (she came from a blackberry curve too...). I think it came out to $140 total using the upgrade I had available. It's even cheaper for new line of service.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Cheepest deals you will get is going to be sites like wirefly.. or the one in my signature. But for that extra savings on out of pocket expense you will have to agree to other terms outside Verizon's TOS agreement.

Big box stores is going to be the next cheepest place to buy. And usually do not have the "extra" terms (in other words more ETF's)

As for what to get her. The incredible is the latest and greatest. And personally that's what I'd buy. Regardless if for me or my wife. But it will be the most expensive. The only other one I would even consider would be the Droid. The Eris will soon fade away to a distant memory of "the device your glad you never got"
    If I had to say the best place to buy.... would be Verizon's online site. No pressure of a "sales man", reasonable prices with instant rebates, and directly from the source. So you will never have to worry about proper support.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

Links