DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: storm to Droid

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

storm to Droid

People who switched from a BB storm to the Droid. Just wondering if there were pros and cons of the droid over the storm. Any input would be great. VZW contract will be up soon. Wondering if its worth it to switch.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    My wife has the Storm and we BOTH hate that damn phone. She would love nothing more to switch to the Droid but she just got the Storm this summer. There is no comparison. Get the Droid and don't look back.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Had the Storm 1 since it's launch....switched to a Curve back in June....Fired up the Storm to give 5.0 a chance....24hrs later I had a Droid! Never looking back
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hi. I had the Storm and just got my Droid today! I'm still learning but this phone is amazing!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    The first storm hands down sucked donkey nuts. Glitchy, poor touch screen, ridiculously slow internet. The storm 2 supposedly addressed most of that. I fiddled with the storm 2 at the store, and it does feel immensely better. Droid has the quickest internet ive seen on any phone, and the option of going touch screen or physical keyboard, big plus in my book.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Myself and many others have discussed this to some depth. The Search feature is your friend.

OG Droid->Incredible->Droid X->Incredible->Incredible 2->Incredible->Samsung Charge->HTC Rezound
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I'm having huge withdrawls from being on bb for last 15 years. I miss the fluid email exchange and ability to use my office notes. I'm sticking through this low period of DT's!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Current BB Storm (4.75 since we are on BES and it hasn't pushed the new OS) with the company and Droid user.

The Storm, even with that Older OS, I have found rather annoying as far as dealing with the corrective text, the click-screen and its internet browsing.

The Droid, in comparison does a bit better on internet, in fact, light years, the virtual keyboard is much easier to use versus the Storm. And its predictive texting is much better in handling things.

The current Droid Exchange Support is not as nice as the standard BB with BES support, so if you are looking at it as a full replacement of your BB in this resort, just be aware you will need a little more work. There is no Signature ability or filtering so if you were reliant on that, you won't get it.

Other than that, I found the Droid, as a personal phone worthwhile.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    This phone (DROID) makes it easy to forget the Storm. Between soundboard apps for ringtones and notifications.... remote services..... gps..... turn by turn nav..... NES Roms..... i'm rambling but there's NOTHING I miss from my BB Storm. RIM announced it was dead as far as development goes.... DROID DOES! end of story
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had storm since day one and then went to droid on release day. I only miss a few things from the storm… I miss true push email, I miss the single unified inbox for all email/sms/mms/etc...and I miss the way facebook contacts could be manually synced one at a time. I’m not expecting the push email other than gmail anytime soon. I am however hoping for an app, maybe a future handcent update, that will include emails to make that all in one inbox. Then maybe an update to the facebook app or a facebook sync app for the contacts issue and I’d be happy. As for everything else I would say the droid suites my needs much better and IMO is far superior so I couldn’t be happier!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links