DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Droid 30 day return policy question

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Verizon Droid 30 day return policy question

So Im not sure if this is the best place to post but hopefully someone can help me out. I bought a Moto Droid from Costco about 2 weeks ago, and they were able to advance my upgrade. The upgrade was only advanced like 2 weeks. I never knew about the New Every 2 discount till reading these forums, and Costco isnt able to use it. I want to know if I return my phone, will I still be able to qualify for New Every 2 discount if I was to buy from Verizonwireless directly, or did I forfeit my NE2 discount by qualifying for the early upgrade? Im itching to get the newest Incredible, but dont want to spend more than the $100 I had spent on the Droid.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newandroiduser View Post
    So Im not sure if this is the best place to post but hopefully someone can help me out. I bought a Moto Droid from Costco about 2 weeks ago, and they were able to advance my upgrade. The upgrade was only advanced like 2 weeks. I never knew about the New Every 2 discount till reading these forums, and Costco isnt able to use it. I want to know if I return my phone, will I still be able to qualify for New Every 2 discount if I was to buy from Verizonwireless directly, or did I forfeit my NE2 discount by qualifying for the early upgrade? Im itching to get the newest Incredible, but dont want to spend more than the $100 I had spent on the Droid.
    It sounds to me like Costco just pushed your renew every two date forward and now you have a new contract. Go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless and check your account. It will have all the information you're asking about in there.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks I will look at the verizon website.

I signed a new 2 year contract, but since I was in the 30 day period I think I could easily return the phone and it should be as if I never did anything to my account. Just dont want to return the phone and data plan to find out that I still voided my NE2 by the 30 day testdrive. I love the Droid, and only would upgrade to Incredible if it doesnt cost me any extra money.
  5. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    or you can just call the support center at vzw and ask them

and make your case you REALLY want the incredible
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid hacked
    bit of advice.. dont ever buy ffrom cosco walmart or best buy.. sure you get good prices but you deal with clueless employees who could easily screw you on accident.. As far as your new every 2 goes you dont get that untill your 20 months into your contract so they were giving you an early upgrade which doesnt come with the ne2 credit.. if you return the phone and have them set the contract back once your 20 months is up from the previous contract you will be eligible for your ne2.. I am a manager for Verizon by the way.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    I called Verizon because I was considering the Incrdible

-I am inside my 30 days (Apr 30th will be my 30)
    -I was told to return the phone to the same place I got it (VZW website for me)
    -I would be charged a $35 restock fee
    -My new every 2 would be recredited once they got my Droid
    -I could then purchase something else at the discounted rate

I decided to keep my Droid and not do this. Just throwing out what VZW told me

Hope this helps you some
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Even with the NE2 the Incredible will be more than a $100
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    VZW is advertising $199
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballRef View Post
    VZW is advertising $199
    Which is more than $100 last time I checked and From what the OP posted he does not want to spend more than the $100 he spent on the Droid.

Or did I miss something?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballRef View Post
    VZW is advertising $199
    Which is more than $100 last time I checked and From what the OP posted he does not want to spend more than the $100 he spent on the Droid.

Or did I miss something?
    Thank you Capt. Obvious that $199 is more than $100...just letting the board know what VZW had it for.

As you said, according to the OP he doesn't want to spend over $100. That is what he spent on his Droid.

Sorry - one smart butt deserves another
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links