DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a small win - but a win

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Just a small win - but a win

Today I took my father in law to the doctor. It was the first visit to see the doctor since he left the hospital 2 weeks ago. So the first item of business was to review his medications.

The nurse came across one medication that she did not recognize. So she circled the medicine and asked the doctor to review it. He did not recognize it and their computer did not reveal it's content.

So I whipped out my Droid, fired up the browser and googled it. In less than 10 seconds I handed the phone to the doctor and showed him what the medicine was. He was very interested in the Droid and was impressed with the network speed.

Minor win.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    Today I took my father in law to the doctor. It was the first visit to see the doctor since he left the hospital 2 weeks ago. So the first item of business was to review his medications.

The nurse came across one medication that she did not recognize. So she circled the medicine and asked the doctor to review it. He did not recognize it and their computer did not reveal it's content.

So I whipped out my Droid, fired up the browser and googled it. In less than 10 seconds I handed the phone to the doctor and showed him what the medicine was. He was very interested in the Droid and was impressed with the network speed.

Minor win.
    Hope your dad is OK. Nice story.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid w. Innocase Surface

Minor win.
    On a side note, that doctor failed hard.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOT)
    There is an idea for an app.. PDR.. scan the medication (if it has a barcode) or manually enter the name and *poof* Warnings, interactions blah blah blah

*If anybody codes this I'd appreciate a beer or 12 please.
    *Disclaimer: I tend to speak what pops in my head immediately when it happens. As a result when I type it, the idea sounds great.. more often than not I realize after the fact that I was incorrect or shoot down my own theories. Flaming me does no good as I most likely have done it myself already.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    There is an idea for an app.. PDR.. scan the medication (if it has a barcode) or manually enter the name and *poof* Warnings, interactions blah blah blah

http://www.epocrates.com/products/android/
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tarantino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post

Free medical PDA software: Epocrates Rx for Android
    Thanks everyone. He is 76 (77 next month) and he is too weak to walk right now. We are trying to build him back up so it is a real challenge.

Epocraters doesn't work with Cyanomod. And it turns out that the 'medicine' was a form of Acidopholis.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Epocrates is an app that tells you all the Med info. I use this app daily at work. It also has a pill id part.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    adroidpdr would be nice.
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized

Minor win.
    Good work, the whole time I was reading, I was expecting you to have used epocraties. My brother in law is a Doctor and uses this program all the time, unfortunetaly on a BB.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links