I'm trying to decide if I should buy the droid or not and have several concerns/questions.
1. I use Outlook and/or Palm Desktop as my desktop PIM. I currently use a Palm TX to sync with that. Is there a way to sync the Droid with either of those? I know there are aftermarket apps that can do this on the Palm Pre Plus.
2. I've read that voice dialing, specifically from a blue-tooth headset, cannot be done on the Droid. Is that true? Will that be fixed at any point? That seems like a HUGE oversight!
3. I am currently using an LG Dare. One of the problems I have is, if the phone is in a tight case it doesn't shut off quickly enough after finishing a bluetooth call and the touchscreen gets activated with random, always negative results; dialing another number, starting a note... Is there any way around this with the Droid. I had to start keeping the Dare in my shirt pocket as I make lots of calls when driving.
4. Is there voice recording capability on the Droid?
5. What kind of battery life do you all get?
6. Any idea when they'll implement flash support?
7. Is the speaker phone loud enough to use in a car? I used to have an LG flip phone that I loved and used all the time. Then I upgraded to the Dare and the speaker phone on it is too quiet to hear clearly in my quiet Toy Camry!! What a drag! I heard that the Droid speaker is LOUD.
That's all I can think of right now. It seems like a helluva phone.
What say you all?