DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool uses for your Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Cool uses for your Droid

Anyone have any good stories where your Droid came in extra handy in your day-to-day life?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    My 6 year old daughter and I were at her Dr.s office waiting for her to get her flu shots. I really did not want her touching all the toys in the waiting room and picking up all those germs. So, we went to the apps/games section on the droid and downloaded tic-tac-toe and wac-a-mole and passed the time playing Droid games. I was extremely grateful for my Droid...!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by jthorpe View Post
    I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls
    +1 Hands down the best Checkbook/Transaction register on the market. I love it.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    had to copy my Driver's License for something and my fax wasn't working riht so I used the program scan2pdf and got it done that way. Just had to put license near bottom of shot because of intrusive watermark.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've used the camera numerous times when I'm going to buy parts for something. I take a picture of the part I need and refer to it at the store. Keeps me from making multiple trips to buy and return things.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon S4 ME7 w/root
    I have a 3 month old daughter who was being fussy while we were out somewhere. I quickly went to amazon music and downloaded a childrens lullaby album and put it next to her with the volume low. It calmed her down, which calmed me and my wife down. Win!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I was going to Game Stop last Sunday afternoon (Left 4 Dead II) and not sure if they were open....so I used the voice search - Said "game stop". Got the map and and phone number link. I pressed the link and the Droid dialed the number!!!! Better than calling 411!!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jkayner View Post
    I have a 3 month old daughter who was being fussy while we were out somewhere. I quickly went to amazon music and downloaded a childrens lullaby album and put it next to her with the volume low. It calmed her down, which calmed me and my wife down. Win!
    Now that's awesome...
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    just yesterday i got home and i lost my flashlight a week or so ago....i remembered my flashlight app. used it for me and the dog to get back up stairs. also i use the level app alot to hang stuff.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links