DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Album art 2.1 music player

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Album art 2.1 music player

I use song bird for all my music needs on the droid. All my songs have the right album artwork in song bird but it seems that not all my albums have their artwork when transferred to the droid. Any ideas?
    I have a lot of good how to articles about music managing and battery life etc. PM me if interested.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Cover Art can either be kept in a directory or embedded within the mp3 file. Most applications that I am aware of itunes, songbird ... normally keep the art in a directory. Thus when you copy the mp3 files to your droid only the art that was embedded within the mp3 files is displayed.

I highly recommend a Market Place application aptly named Album Art Grabber. One click and you are done. It really does an amazing job and well worth the 1.99. (I don't think it embeds the art work either)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mddx View Post
    Cover Art can either be kept in a directory or embedded within the mp3 file. Most applications that I am aware of itunes, songbird ... normally keep the art in a directory. Thus when you copy the mp3 files to your droid only the art that was embedded within the mp3 files is displayed.

I highly recommend a Market Place application aptly named Album Art Grabber. One click and you are done. It really does an amazing job and well worth the 1.99. (I don't think it embeds the art work either)
    yea i knew that but when i look at the meta data on my computer via song bird it is embedded in the meta data.

Also are there any album art downloaders that downloads the album art and attaches it to the meta data?
    I have a lot of good how to articles about music managing and battery life etc. PM me if interested.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by searayman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mddx View Post

yea i knew that but when i look at the meta data on my computer via song bird it is embedded in the meta data.

Also are there any album art downloaders that downloads the album art and attaches it to the meta data?
    Tag & Rename will do it on your PC. It's a pay program but works well. I'm not sure if there is an Android app for that.

Links