DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you hate the finger prints?

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Where are the moderators? Let's talk about what phone case is the best.
    The Moderators are alive and well, and in this thread too. This is not a thread about the best case for the Droid, it is about "Do you hate the finger prints?"
    Last edited by JimMariner; 11-19-2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks Jim. Not trying to cause a fight!! I just tried the Rain-X since I still have this weird spot in the upper left corner that attractrs fingerprints in a pattern that makes it look like it is scratched. Maybe I have a defective glass screen. Anyone have the same issue or does the screen look good all over?
    Last edited by GoGators; 11-19-2009 at 07:06 PM.
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Thanks Jim. Not trying to cause a fight!! I just tried the Rain-X since I still have this weird spot in the upper left corner that attractrs fingerprints in a pattern that makes it look like it is scratched. Maybe I have a defective glass screen. Anyone have the same issue or does the screen look good all over?
    No problem at all GoGators, Just trying to keep it on topic. So you can see, we are on the job here too

No idea on your screen glitch. Mine still looks pristine after only 2 weeks
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    ON THE TOPIC of fingerprints, i would like to make a personal suggestion, that the ghost armour product works well against fingerprint marks aswell... AND you could apply the "RAIN-X" product to it with out harming it. scratch resistant AND fingerprint resistant, and water resistant? lol

(there now ive advertised for rain X too )
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The Rain-X has shown me that there is a "coating" on the screen. In the questionalble corner, mine is missing this coating or finish. You can actually tactically feel the difference. Back to the Verizon store for me. Too cool of a phone for a defect out of the box. BTW, for the rest of a properly coated screen, the Rani-X is awesome for preventing the ugly fingerprints. Go Gators!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    ON THE TOPIC of fingerprints, i would like to make a personal suggestion, that the ghost armour product works well against fingerprint marks aswell... AND you could apply the "RAIN-X" product to it with out harming it. scratch resistant AND fingerprint resistant, and water resistant? lol

Actually Rain-X will bond to the glass but it will not bond to polyurethane that ghost armor is made from. I once tried Rain-X and several related products on a motorcycle windshield only to learn that the stuff will only bond to glass windshields (or Droid screens).
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Quote Originally Posted by Droider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post

Actually Rain-X will bond to the glass but it will not bond to polyurethane that ghost armor is made from. I once tried Rain-X and several related products on a motorcycle windshield only to learn that the stuff will only bond to glass windshields (or Droid screens).

that would explain why im constantly reapplying it to MY motorcycles windscreen... good info to know thanx...
    Im puttin the rain-x on my screen right now, so i guess ill see how it works out.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Goo gone on your phone? Wow, I wouldnt try it, used that stuff once on some of those plastic ceiling tiles for suspended ceilings/lights and it ate the plastic in seconds....
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Phone has been replaced and Verizon screen protector in place now. Let's see how that does. At least my defective screen is gone!!
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Interesting, Does rain-x really prevent the adherence of oil? I thought it was just supposed to repel water. Oil is chemically different from water so I didn't think it would work the same way. How are the results! I'm curious cause I have a bottle of rain-x that waiting to get put on something lol.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links