DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Droid v10 or CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted

Ultimate Droid v10 or CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2

I currently have Ultimate Droid v10 installed. I was just wandering what people thought about CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2, and if I should install it or stay with Ultimate Droid v10. I like the Ultimate Droid v10 but have never used any CyanogenMods before. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    T'Bolt>>>Galaxy Nexus :-)
    I have used both and I stuck with UD because my phone runs smoother and faster. It really depends on your phone and you because not all droids run the same with these roms. Some roms run better on some droids where other roms don't work all that well on the same droids so its really what you prefer in a rom and how your droid runs with it.
    Stock Crappy T'Bolt >>>Galaxy Nexus

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sports96 View Post
    I currently have Ultimate Droid v10 installed. I was just wandering what people thought about CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2, and if I should install it or stay with Ultimate Droid v10. I like the Ultimate Droid v10 but have never used any CyanogenMods before. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    FYI, you are using CyanogenMod right now, it just has a theme on it. And if I were you, I would go ahead and update to the newer version.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Not sure the best way to update

I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7 with the smoked glass-esque theme. I'm not sure of the best way to update to 5.0.6.2. Do I need to uninstall my theme first? When I update, will I lose all my apps? And, if I DO have to uninstall my theme, how do I do that? I've not seen anything that explains how to get rid of a theme one you have it on your phone.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    NeverEndingXsin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Like somebody else already said, ultimate droid v10 is cyanogenmod with a theme on it. So I would go ahead and update to the most recent version of cyanogen. In my opinion cyanogen is the fastest and most stable rom I've ever used
    Twitter? Follow Me @NeverEndingXsin

Google+ Invites? Yeah i got them
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1556 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndingXsin View Post
    Like somebody else already said, ultimate droid v10 is cyanogenmod with a theme on it. So I would go ahead and update to the most recent version of cyanogen. In my opinion cyanogen is the fastest and most stable rom I've ever used
    I ran Cyanogen yesterday. It runs pretty good.

There is a definite difference in the 2 though.

UD v10 runs a little quicker and smoother. Also of note there is better battery life and reception on UD v10. I don't know why that is because they have the same baseband. Running Cyanogen I couldn't keep 3G up and lost some calls (which I've never experienced running stock)

I would have to give the edge to UD v10 in the comparo because of the above.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndingXsin View Post
    I ran Cyanogen yesterday. It runs pretty good.

There is a definite difference in the 2 though.

UD v10 runs a little quicker and smoother. Also of note there is better battery life and reception on UD v10. I don't know why that is because they have the same baseband. Running Cyanogen I couldn't keep 3G up and lost some calls (which I've never experienced running stock)

I would have to give the edge to UD v10 in the comparo because of the above.
    Couldn't have said it better myself CK. Same experience here. I ran cyanogen for 3 days and then compared against UD 9.8 at the time. UD9.8 was still smoother and faster all the way around. UD10 is even smoother than 9.8

My opinion for what its worth
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sdouglashceng View Post
    I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7 with the smoked glass-esque theme. I'm not sure of the best way to update to 5.0.6.2. Do I need to uninstall my theme first? When I update, will I lose all my apps? And, if I DO have to uninstall my theme, how do I do that? I've not seen anything that explains how to get rid of a theme one you have it on your phone.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Anytime you reinstall the Cyanogenmod, it will put you back to the stock theme. This is handy to know for changing back and forth between themes as sometimes bits and pieces of themes will not be overwritten by other themes.

I know they always recommend wiping the data and cache when upgrading, so YMMV if upgrading while keeping your apps. After you do update, you can install the latest Smoked-esque theme again.
    I write Android columns for: Hijinks, Inc.
    Follow me on Twitter!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You can always make a full Nandroid backup of UD10 and then install Cyanogenmod. Try it for awhile, and if you like UD better, a Nandroid restore will put you right back where you were.
    I write Android columns for: Hijinks, Inc.
    Follow me on Twitter!
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid

Re: Ultimate Droid v10 or CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2

If you wipe data and cache the new cyanogen will sync back up all yous apps from the market just bee patient and let it do its thing

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links