DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Screen lock when timeout

  1. Junior Droid
    dangell26's Avatar
    Member #
    58340
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Screen lock when timeout

    Is there a way that I can switch it so my phone does not automatically lock when the screen times out?
  2. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #2
    Download screen mode widget from the market. It has 3 settings on it and will do what you are looking for
  3. Master Droid
    Mule65's Avatar
    Member #
    56107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    430
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    #3
    I just set the timeout longer and use hard button to put in sleep mode.
  4. Master Droid
    rjax's Avatar
    Member #
    3345
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    410
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
  5. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Download screen mode widget from the market. It has 3 settings on it and will do what you are looking for
    Unfortunately, unless there has been a change in the last 24 hours, Screen Mode Widget is not working on the Droid. The latest update from several days ago broke it. For those of us who need that functionality, myLock is a good substitute. Slightly different functionality but it does the job.

    P.S. Just checked the market and Screen Mode Widget appears to still be broken.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  6. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Download screen mode widget from the market. It has 3 settings on it and will do what you are looking for
    Unfortunately, unless there has been a change in the last 24 hours, Screen Mode Widget is not working on the Droid. The latest update from several days ago broke it. For those of us who need that functionality, myLock is a good substitute. Slightly different functionality but it does the job.

    P.S. Just checked the market and Screen Mode Widget appears to still be broken.
    I wasn't sure if they fixed the issue. I am using one that I had backed up on astro and see there is an update pending but haven't downloaded it.
  7. Master Droid
    rjax's Avatar
    Member #
    3345
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    410
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    If you never want the screen lock, the basic myLock will work just fine -- no need for the addon.
  8. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Download screen mode widget from the market. It has 3 settings on it and will do what you are looking for
    Unfortunately, unless there has been a change in the last 24 hours, Screen Mode Widget is not working on the Droid. The latest update from several days ago broke it. For those of us who need that functionality, myLock is a good substitute. Slightly different functionality but it does the job.

    P.S. Just checked the market and Screen Mode Widget appears to still be broken.
    I wasn't sure if they fixed the issue. I am using one that I had backed up on astro and see there is an update pending but haven't downloaded it.
    The Market comments imply it's still broken. And in trying to get the last update to work I uninstalled and reinstalled when that didn't work either I just let it sit waiting for another update to come down the pike. Hasn't happened.

    Too bad. I liked the functionality of SMW but this is one of the risks one runs with "free" "open source" software. I've seen several apps abandoned by their developers over the last few months. (Not implying that's the case here but when software is free one often gets what one pays for.)
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  9. Droid Ninja
    warrior21's Avatar
    Member #
    47240
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,287
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post

    Unfortunately, unless there has been a change in the last 24 hours, Screen Mode Widget is not working on the Droid. The latest update from several days ago broke it. For those of us who need that functionality, myLock is a good substitute. Slightly different functionality but it does the job.

    P.S. Just checked the market and Screen Mode Widget appears to still be broken.
    I wasn't sure if they fixed the issue. I am using one that I had backed up on astro and see there is an update pending but haven't downloaded it.
    The Market comments imply it's still broken. And in trying to get the last update to work I uninstalled and reinstalled when that didn't work either I just let it sit waiting for another update to come down the pike. Hasn't happened.

    Too bad. I liked the functionality of SMW but this is one of the risks one runs with "free" "open source" software. I've seen several apps abandoned by their developers over the last few months. (Not implying that's the case here but when software is free one often gets what one pays for.)
    I like it also. I hope they do end up fixing the issue because this is one of the most useful apps I have. I guess only time will tell.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to extend screen timeout when entering lock pattern?
    By J. Dub in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
  2. Screen Timeout and Lock
    By jonf in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 01:14 PM
  3. Syncing Lock Up Due to Screen Timeout
    By GrillMouster in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 09:39 AM
  4. Screen Timeout
    By jmed99 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM
  5. Screen Timeout
    By iraparks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Search tags for this page

android lock timeout
,

android screen lock timeout

,

android security timeout

,
change security timeout on android
,
droid x wont unlock when screen times out
,
i1 screen lock
,
lock screen timeout andrios
,
lock screen timeout android
,
miui droid x lockscreen timeout
,
motorola i1 lock screen
,

motorola i1 screen lock

,
what is relationship between screen lock and display timeout
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+