DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Screen lock when timeout

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Screen lock when timeout

Is there a way that I can switch it so my phone does not automatically lock when the screen times out?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Download screen mode widget from the market. It has 3 settings on it and will do what you are looking for
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    I just set the timeout longer and use hard button to put in sleep mode.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Download screen mode widget from the market. It has 3 settings on it and will do what you are looking for
    Unfortunately, unless there has been a change in the last 24 hours, Screen Mode Widget is not working on the Droid. The latest update from several days ago broke it. For those of us who need that functionality, myLock is a good substitute. Slightly different functionality but it does the job.

P.S. Just checked the market and Screen Mode Widget appears to still be broken.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Unfortunately, unless there has been a change in the last 24 hours, Screen Mode Widget is not working on the Droid. The latest update from several days ago broke it. For those of us who need that functionality, myLock is a good substitute. Slightly different functionality but it does the job.

I wasn't sure if they fixed the issue. I am using one that I had backed up on astro and see there is an update pending but haven't downloaded it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If you never want the screen lock, the basic myLock will work just fine -- no need for the addon.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

I wasn't sure if they fixed the issue. I am using one that I had backed up on astro and see there is an update pending but haven't downloaded it.
    The Market comments imply it's still broken. And in trying to get the last update to work I uninstalled and reinstalled when that didn't work either I just let it sit waiting for another update to come down the pike. Hasn't happened.

Too bad. I liked the functionality of SMW but this is one of the risks one runs with "free" "open source" software. I've seen several apps abandoned by their developers over the last few months. (Not implying that's the case here but when software is free one often gets what one pays for.)
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo

The Market comments imply it's still broken. And in trying to get the last update to work I uninstalled and reinstalled when that didn't work either I just let it sit waiting for another update to come down the pike. Hasn't happened.

Too bad. I liked the functionality of SMW but this is one of the risks one runs with "free" "open source" software. I've seen several apps abandoned by their developers over the last few months. (Not implying that's the case here but when software is free one often gets what one pays for.)
    I like it also. I hope they do end up fixing the issue because this is one of the most useful apps I have. I guess only time will tell.

Links