Panda Home Help Please
I did a search and didn't see anything I was looking for to answer my question....take in consideration I am watching 4 kids (3 of my own), trying to learn how to use my Droid (I just got it today. :D). Been reading here since Sunday when I ordered my phone. Cleaning house, getting ready for church.....yeah....ADD much?!?!?
Ok, I d/l the PandaBeta for Droid (I might have deleted it or something important before my phone needed charged (it's charging now), but anyways, I undoubtedly d/l some type of Alien app. lol Can't figure out how to change it, delete it, etc. My question(s).......
1) Is there a website to find out how to use the Panda Home app?
2) Or, is there anyone here with experience on it yet? I need help, pretty please. :wacko:
I really wanted to use the GDE Home (want to d/l the Hello Kitty theme), but since I'm experimenting, I don't want to spend the extra $$ yet. So....there is where I am. I think I'm going to have a sleepless night playing with my phone. Yayeee!
Thanks in advance!
Hey Kendra I had the same problem, the alien looking theme is the default Panda Droid Beta theme. If you long press on an empty space there will be a panda configuration thing at the bottom, you can switch the theme back to a more basic one in there.
To uninstall Panda home I had to go into settings>apps removed Panda Beta, then there is another one near the top to uninstall too.. something like 93panda.
Hope this helps, I ended up uninstalling it since it doesn't offer extra home screens yet.
Thanks Zod! So, there is no way to add additonal themes in the beta version yet?
I'm so excited, and can't wait to get my phone just exactly like I want it....but heck....with all the stuff you can add....does one ever get it exactly like they want it?!?!? lol
Hehe, np. I'm pretty sure you can add themes but I'm not really sure how, all I knew was I had to get rid of that alien theme ASAP.
Actually you can add more screens by dragging an icon beyond the current screen. I had asked the same question in another thread regarding home apps
ive gone thru a few theme (search "panda theme" in the market) and found none that really caught my eye. i stuck with the default droid theme. but to install the themes, all you have to do is dl theme. they automatically show up in change theme option.
If you're interested in trying a different home replacement program try DX Top Home. I put it on my droid and it's great. Everything runs quickly and smoothly. I'm not using any themes, so it's basically just the stock droid theme but with the added functionality of dx top.
In case you haven't heard of it, the pros are:
1) two app drawers. One shows recent apps/currently running apps. The other app drawer is the same as the stock drawer but is able to be customized. I have my apps grouped into custom categories (which can collapse and expand). You can also hide apps (like the verizon visual voice mail if you don't use it).
2) 4 panes instead of 3
3) you can swipe the "drawers" on the bottom to reveal another section where you can put a widget/shortcuts/apps
4) Your panes are accessed via swipe method. On the stock theme you have three screens that are next to each other horizontally. In Dx Top you swipe down to get one screen, up to get another, right to get another, and left to get the last. Regardless of what pane you're on, doing the correct swipe motion will take you to the pane you're after.
You can use themes for the other home replacement apps as well.