DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 months with droid, now my gmail hacked....

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Signum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    wtf is going on?

Weak Passwords......
    its 14 charachters alphanumeric with caps/lowercase

how is that weak?
    Someone you know?
    Someone looking over your shoulder?
    Malware..

Can't be much else.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

only wifi network i use is my home network which is secure.
    Define secure. WEP is not secure.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid-Verizon
    Never had any trouble before. I have a pretty difficult password. I use Firefox, and for a completely different reason, ran a scan with a malware program last week. ( Kept getting the " Microsoft Explorer has stopped responding"...finally got rid of it.

Where or who exactly do I contact at Google? Mostly likely not a tel # I suppose.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I backed up my contacts to a, excel file, and put them on a flashdrive. Anyone have any other suggestion? Off site storage of contacts?

Thanks,

BCF
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted RazrMaxx
    I use a program called exportcontacts, its in the market. That will back up all your contacts onto your sd card in a csv format. Then you can copy that file onto your computer and use it to restore your contacts if google has a 'burp'.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Wow I took the persons advice to check that out and it said I had some account activity from Maryland!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Just a tip for all of you: If you go into your contacts and press the "Menu" button, if you look in the menu that pops up, one of the options says "Import/Export". If you click on that, another menu will pop up showing to options, the first one being "Import from SD Card" and the other being "Export to SD Card". Click on the one that says "Export to SD Card".

Boom, your contacts are now permanently on your SD card just in-case anything might happen to em. =]
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post
    Just a tip for all of you: If you go into your contacts and press the "Menu" button, if you look in the menu that pops up, one of the options says "Import/Export". If you click on that, another menu will pop up showing to options, the first one being "Import from SD Card" and the other being "Export to SD Card". Click on the one that says "Export to SD Card".

Boom, your contacts are now permanently on your SD card just in-case anything might happen to em. =]
    Thanks for the tip. I'm not having any issues but you can't be too careful. I back up my sd card weekly to several locations too.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid-Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by brucin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post

Thanks for the tip. I'm not having any issues but you can't be too careful. I back up my sd card weekly to several locations too.
    Thanks...great tip !

BCF
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Ok, I know what the OP is talking about, except I did not lose any of my contacts. An email was sent to all my contacts with some sort of link to a RX website on Friday. I have not been online all day, just using my DROID via 3G only. I even received a txt message from someone else on my contact list that was not from me including the same message. I received the email to all of my email addresses in my contact list. My brother txt me stating he got the email. I noticed in my sent box there was an email sent to all of my contacts, a lot of them bounced back as well and a few people emailed me about it.
    I logged into GMAIL on the computer, changed my password, deleted all the SPAM that was sent and emailed a few folks about what happened.
    Not sure about this, but this happened late in the evening and I was at work using my DROID to access my email only. I only assume it was some type of MALWARE program, but I did not get any email on my phone that I would have clicked on.
    Go figure.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by montlyfool View Post
    Exactly what happened to me. Got hacked, spam sent to my contacts but not much else. Had 13 digit password, changed it again. BUT, I got an IP address log from gmail.

A mobile address perhaps; from Serbia. 79-101-165-203.dynamic.isp.telekom.rs

Have at it.

I have never been gmail hacked until I got this Droid a few weeks ago. Coincidence?
    Graphic Designer
    Deviant Art Profile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links