DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA 2.1 update opinions

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!

OTA 2.1 update opinions

Im just wondering if there would be any reason/advantage to unroot and go to the OTA 2.1 update.

Im currently on adamZ SG 6.0 2.1 ESE53

I love it but im noticing my gmail isn't pushing right away, my yahoo email everytime i check it, it comes back 10 minutes later with the same email. The led light doesnt come on when screen is on (but i hear its a 2.1 thing not the ROM itself) the music also doesnt skip/pause for a second when a text/calls come in which is very crucial. Alot of people hated it but it always let me know i had a text/call when im on the go and my phone is still on vibrate or silent from leaving work.

Any reason to switch? Thanks =)

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I made a post about this last week and not much feedback but So i went back to stock and updated to 2.1 and have been happy ever since.I was running Droidmod for a good while and tried other stuff on rom manager but during all that time i would have fc and issues pop up.That will not work for me something that i want to work and work fine all the time I like all the hard work that devs put in to there roms but without support and back up like the big v has your going to get that .Plus I paid for DM and was glad to but there lack of updating to my satification let me down also lost interest in them and then they made some wierd comments about not ever rooting 2.1 and I understand somewhat why, but from a paying cumtomer and business man i didn't get it. I'm happy to be plain again for now...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Thats very helpful thanks. Thats actually my problem now, i stick with Smoked Glass from AdamZ for so long but he hasn't made even a post in a month now. Starting to feel like he got bored of the project and just left it alone. I dont get any FC but i deal with the small issues i posted above.

From a plain 2.1 do you deal with any issues i noted above? Thats my biggest concern, along with the whole outlook of the phone. Never was fond of the white notification bar, too bright for my taste.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I can't remember where I saw it but a few weeks ago I found where Adam was posting test roms for people to try out. He's been working on ROMs. I don't know if it was 2.1 or what flavor of 2.1 for that matter. But rest assurd...just because he doesn't update posts on droid forums doesn't mean he is not working of something for us freeloaders. I also heard he had a family vacation to attend to. Can't blame him for that.

I keep wondering if I should give the official OTA 2.1 a chance. I did force the update at one point and was not happy due to the lagginess. But later realized I may not have flushed my cache and data files when I did the forced update. So I may give it another shot. My phone keeps telling me I have an update available and I think I might just accept it this afternoon. I'll make sure I flush the cache and data this time and report back in a day or two. I'd hate to lose over clocking...but I am bored and need to try something new anyhow. Why not an OTA update?

Nate
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I've been running stock 2.1 since release and the reason I prefer it is because of the stability and reliability.

I NEED my device to work ALWAYS for business reasons and I don't want to be tinkering with it constantly.

2.1 offers that. So it's just a matter of personal preference I would say.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I have been running stock 2.1 and it works great.
    It is fast and stable and for the eye candy I just added Helix.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I'm debating doing this as well. For me, it's due to high temps. I'm going to revert to by 2.0.1 rooted stock ROM and see how the temps are. If they are lower than I'll upgrade to 2.1 and probably forget about messing with my phone anymore. I will miss the custom themes but oh well.
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8Ya View Post
    for the eye candy I just added Helix.
    +1 Helix runs and looks great. Very fast as well.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Quote Originally Posted by nateccnn View Post
    I can't remember where I saw it but a few weeks ago I found where Adam was posting test roms for people to try out. He's been working on ROMs. I don't know if it was 2.1 or what flavor of 2.1 for that matter. But rest assurd...just because he doesn't update posts on droid forums doesn't mean he is not working of something for us freeloaders. I also heard he had a family vacation to attend to. Can't blame him for that.

I keep wondering if I should give the official OTA 2.1 a chance. I did force the update at one point and was not happy due to the lagginess. But later realized I may not have flushed my cache and data files when I did the forced update. So I may give it another shot. My phone keeps telling me I have an update available and I think I might just accept it this afternoon. I'll make sure I flush the cache and data this time and report back in a day or two. I'd hate to lose over clocking...but I am bored and need to try something new anyhow. Why not an OTA update?

Nate
    I figured he went away or had an emergency, im not bashing him for not updating just wanted to know what was up. I usually check his Name for "latest posts" so im not in any specific thread, just checking exactly what his last post was which is march 16. Unless he has another sn.

But im going through the same thing as you, im bored lol and i don't wanna lose OC, mine is ALWAYS at 800 thats the "normal" for me now and i push it to 1000 when playing exzeus or somethin, so to go back to 550, is like CRAP.... i hope they root 2.1 and i REALLY hope devs aren't getting bored with the droid =(

I might make a nandroid backup of my current setup and push the Official 2.1 if i dont like it (which i probably wont cuz i hate the white notification box) then ill figure out how to revert back to a custom 2.1 ... it jus sucks im feeling so limited at the moment
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8Ya View Post
    for the eye candy I just added Helix.
    +1 Helix runs and looks great. Very fast as well.
    I use helix with SG 6.0 and it does work great, havent had one FC at all the past month ever since ive upgraded. And i loved home++ but it was becoming more unstable the more i updated the roms
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links