DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Droid call quality

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5

Droid call quality

Ok so I have been told I sound like I am in a tin can or on a crappy bluetooth when I am using my phone. It is only 3 days old! I shut off the voice privacy in call settings and was told it does sound a lot better but not sure if i should just get a new phone. Also I bought from an online site and not directly from Verizon, do you think if I go to a Verizon store they will replace phone since it is under warranty? Or will I have to deal with the online site? Any tricks on improving this call quality myself through settings? Thanks
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    The Droid uses noise cancellation software. Its been reported by some that their case disrupted the noise cancelling. But I think the real key is to make the mic is close as close as possible when speaking.

If you're not speaking close or clearly into the mic the software assumes that your voice is background noise and tries to cancel it out which results in you sounding muffled.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Try switching to speakerphone, then back again. That seems to work for me about 80% of the time. I have NO idea why it works, but found that trick here, and has been successful for me.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    you can also try this on your phone dial ##program, press green phone button/pw is 000000/select option 4 and then EVRC-B. This is suppose to work in most areas. It doesn't in mine, so give it a try and see if it works in your area.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i had the same problem as you. same exact complaints. I have had my droid for 2 months almost now. I recieved mine, via fedex, bought online. I returned it the store within the first week and they gave me a brand new one. The verizon guy told me that i was allowed one NEW exchange for problem phones. The new one works like a charm, and i love it. I recieved a launch phone, in a smaller box, than the newer droids. He mentioned that the launch droids had some issues. If you do a battery pull there are some numbers that indicate a manufacter date. Cross reference those with posts on here. You can find out which batches were bad.

or you could just return the phone and get a new one. It fixed my issues!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    storm
    For what it's worth, I looked at the microphone on the droid, looked in the mirror, and made sure I am holding the phone with the microphone directly pointing towards my mouth - improved call quality for those listening to me.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by griswolds53 View Post
    i had the same problem as you. same exact complaints. I have had my droid for 2 months almost now. I recieved mine, via fedex, bought online. I returned it the store within the first week and they gave me a brand new one. The verizon guy told me that i was allowed one NEW exchange for problem phones. The new one works like a charm, and i love it. I recieved a launch phone, in a smaller box, than the newer droids. He mentioned that the launch droids had some issues. If you do a battery pull there are some numbers that indicate a manufacter date. Cross reference those with posts on here. You can find out which batches were bad.

or you could just return the phone and get a new one. It fixed my issues!
    You hit the nail right on the head. My Droid did come in a very small box barely big enough to fit the phone. I am having trouble locating the launch date though. Under the battery the only thing I see close is 10/10??? I do not see any numbers similiar to what other posters are putting up. I am going to try and exchange at the verizon store but I bought from letstalk.com so I am not sure if they will help me. They should since the 12 month Motorola warranty should cover it. If not I willreplace through letstalk.com. Thanks
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    I notice the sticker on my box says 3/14/10? I ordered on 3/30/10....
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    OK well my call quality seems a little better but now i am paranoid! haha. I just ordered my replacement phone. Hopefully it is better or I may be saying bye to the Droid!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Some say droid call volume needs to be turned down because of a "mechanical vibration". Rebooting at least every 3 days works for me. Bluetooth and speakerphone are workarounds. Maybe 2.1 helped? This is ridiculous.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links