DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Picasa SYNC option...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

No Picasa SYNC option...

Before I say anything, please don't lock this thread because I looked at the sticky regarding 2.1 problems, but couldn't find a fix to it!

Okay... so in my Account & Sync options, I don't see a Picasa SYNC option...

(I updated my Droid via manual update 2.1)

I factory resetted my phone many times and still no fix.

Please help, thank you.

Also... would there be a way to downgrade back to 2.0.1 and wait for the OTA update if that would make any difference?

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Hmm...I was gonna give you crap for not searching because there are a LOT of threads on this issue, then I read that you did the factory reset.

From those threads, I thought that was the fix for the issue...Did you also "wipe cache partition" when you did the factory reset?

(Did you select factory reset from the option in the settings menu, or boot into recovery by holding x while powering on?)

There IS a way to go back, but it requires flashing the sbf of 2.0.1, which I've seen several posts on as well...people having problems with getting it to work properly and fearing they've bricked the phone. I haven't every tried that method, so I can't comment on it.

As long as you got the RIGHT update file "2.1-update 1" listed in firmware and ESE81 in the build, you've got the same thing that the ota will give you, although I have noticed that people who manually installed the update tend to be having more problems like this than people who took the ota for the most part...
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post
    Hmm...I was gonna give you crap for not searching because there are a LOT of threads on this issue, then I read that you did the factory reset.

From those threads, I thought that was the fix for the issue...Did you also "wipe cache partition" when you did the factory reset?

(Did you select factory reset from the option in the settings menu, or boot into recovery by holding x while powering on?)

There IS a way to go back, but it requires flashing the sbf of 2.0.1, which I've seen several posts on as well...people having problems with getting it to work properly and fearing they've bricked the phone. I haven't every tried that method, so I can't comment on it.

As long as you got the RIGHT update file "2.1-update 1" listed in firmware and ESE81 in the build, you've got the same thing that the ota will give you, although I have noticed that people who manually installed the update tend to be having more problems like this than people who took the ota for the most part...
    Hmm, I haven't done the wipe cache partion yet and I set my phone for factory settings both methods and still no luck :S
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    It's a long-shot and a shot in the dark, but I'd say give wiping the cache partition a try...In the meantime, I'll do what I can to dig-up the instructions on using the SBF to revert to 2.0.1 for you...If you decide that's the route to go...

Also, is your picasa setup as the same gmail address that you use on the phone? I think that was another issue that someone else had...their picasa was setup on a different e-mail address...Just another thought. Flashing the sbf, to me, is a last resort...
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Before I link you to the info on the sbf, PLEASE read the large warning at the very top. It's basically the tool that Verizon uses to fix your phone, so if you mess up, you're pretty SOL....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...using-sbf.html
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Are you looking on the first sync page (general sync settings/Manage Accounts) or are you digging into the account associated with picasa, most likely a gmail account; the picasa sync is located in the email account options, not on the front page of Accounts and Sync.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't have the Picasa option either. Is there any way of fixing it without a factory reset? Dont want to loose all my apps and data. BTW I got 2.1 update 1 OTA
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr

"When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsawkilr View Post
    I don't have the Picasa option either. Is there any way of fixing it without a factory reset? Dont want to loose all my apps and data. BTW I got 2.1 update 1 OTA
    So far, that's the only way I've seen...Not really sure why some people are having this issue and others aren't, but I HAVE read that it's a known issue that some things might not work properly with a Google update.

Some people take an update, and then a certain file/code/etc is messed up and they can't see ANY paid apps in the market.

Not sure if/why resetting the phone fixes the issue, but the OP here HAS reset the phone and is still having the problem...

I'm officially at a loss on this one...

I took the ota and had absolutely no problems with this...But I DID use the apk for a while and I DID run a rom with the official gallery/picasa sync...
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I didn't have PICASA after the OTA so did the reset via the SETTINGS > PRIVACY method and not the "START and hold the X" method. I got PICASA to sync and got a sync option under my Google account. I also got EARTH in in the market. I also pulled the SIM before the reset.

Which method did you use?
  11. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plongson View Post
    I didn't have PICASA after the OTA so did the reset via the SETTINGS > PRIVACY method and not the "START and hold the X" method. I got PICASA to sync and got a sync option under my Google account. I also got EARTH in in the market. I also pulled the SIM before the reset.

Which method did you use?
    the OP stated in his second post (I think it's #3 in the thread) that he tried both ways of factory resetting...

Again, I'm perplexed that Picasa showed up for some people, and further confused as to why the reset has no only worked for some...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links