DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: NEVER recieved any updates, ever

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 2.0.1

NEVER recieved any updates, ever

i first got my droid on 12-31-09 when i got the droid it was running the stock software at the time which i think was 1.5 or 2.0 and did not contain the new update 2.0.1 which i learned from reading online was released earlier in december prior to me buying the phone, when i learned there was a new software out ( 2.0.1 ) and i was still running the old stuff i called up verizon, and ask what the deal was, they basically told me there was no way they could push it to my phone. so i was forced to manually update 2.0.1 my self, and waste 10 minutes of my life big deal. now FINALLY moto and vzw rollout with the 2.1 OTA update, and guess who never recieved it yet, me. i have called verizon a million times asking why i am not recieving the OTA updates and they have no answer for me, so i put what i thought was the actual 2.1 update on the phone i found via the internet and its not the full version, it doesnt have the "3d" menu part or the different home screens but does have the live wallpapers, pinch to zoom, the gallery is different, also able to swipe left to right when looking through pics, currently the info on my phone reads Build number ESE81 , baseband version C_01.3E.03P , fireware 2.1-update 1 and Kernal version 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android-build@apa26#1.....ive done all the stupid stuff since ive bought the phone, ive checked for system updates a milllion times, it always said it was up to date, even prior to me installing 2.0.1 manually, and talking to verizon is a complete waste of my time because all they make me want to do is put my fist throught he wall. what im asking is does anyone ACTUALLY HAVE the REAL FULL TRUE version of 2.1 with all the bells and whistles, not missing software, and does anyone else have this problem? and if you did manually update to 2.1 your self, could you please check your about phone and see if those above listed numbers and builds match yours? thanks i hope someone here can help i dont know what else to do, its just so annoying! and i know that ese81 is the ota version of what vzw is pushing, but OBVIOUSLY something isnt right with the one i have. please someone give me some adivce and help, thanks alot in advance feel free to PM if need be

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If you manually updated, you got what everyone else has. There was no "3D" menu or more home screens in this update.

FYI, the update hasn't even rolled out to the hundreds of thousands (some say millions) of Droid users yet. However, but manually updating, you will not get an update notification.

You should really go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ola-droid.html and read what's going on.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Yep, according to what your phone says you have the correct update. You are not missing anything from the stock 2.1 software.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 2.0.1
    heres what ive read that will be in the release, youll see why i said about the homescreens and other stuff

Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone - PCWorld
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1561 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chenning1284 View Post
    heres what ive read that will be in the release, youll see why i said about the homescreens and other stuff

Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone - PCWorld
    That was January 12th : )

As you've already read you have the full install. There is no 3D Launcher and 5 homescreens in 2.1

Please see the thread below for everything 2.1

Thanks

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ola-droid.html

Links