DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.1 No more lag!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

2.1 No more lag!

like some others I had lag after the update. More so with graphics... it was a little better without live wallpaper but not much. Anyway I'm at Verizon yesterday to get a new case. I'm joking with the guy behind the counter asking when update #2 is coming out to hopefully fix the lag problem. He asked to see my phone and was messing with some things.... he asked if I had ever rooted the phone and overclocked, or had I downloaded the upgrade rather than waited for the OTA. I said no, although I did both ...(was afraid of warranty issues)
    Anyway he said they have run across some that have done so and wrecked I think he said the processor, others with the manual update did not get something(i forgot how he phrased it) that the OTA supplies to the phone. I asked what he could do for my phone because he agreed it was no where near as he stated "fluid movement" that the droid should have - They gave me a new phone The new phone had 2.01 and ran better with all my programs and faster than 2.1 on the old phone.
    This morning I got the OTA.. have to say its very cool now... reminded me of the 1st day I tried droid mod. everything is faster and more "fluid now", I have no lag with all my programs.... running news widget, beautiful home widget and live wallpaper. Downloaded Helix and seven screens again!
    The only problem I had was google earth was not showing up in the market, so i did a factory reset and all is well now
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    i went from droidmod at 1200 ghz to the Rom manager rooted 2.1 and have not noticed lag. I believe the update did its job. I really doubt the oat is better than the manual update....
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    Rooting does not wreck the processor. It has no moving parts, it either works or it doesn't. A slightly corrupt update could easily have been the cause, but doesn't hurt getting a new phone for free.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneSter View Post
    like some others I had lag after the update. More so with graphics... it was a little better without live wallpaper but not much. Anyway I'm at Verizon yesterday to get a new case. I'm joking with the guy behind the counter asking when update #2 is coming out to hopefully fix the lag problem. He asked to see my phone and was messing with some things.... he asked if I had ever rooted the phone and overclocked, or had I downloaded the upgrade rather than waited for the OTA. I said no, although I did both ...(was afraid of warranty issues)
    Anyway he said they have run across some that have done so and wrecked I think he said the processor, others with the manual update did not get something(i forgot how he phrased it) that the OTA supplies to the phone. I asked what he could do for my phone because he agreed it was no where near as he stated "fluid movement" that the droid should have - They gave me a new phone The new phone had 2.01 and ran better with all my programs and faster than 2.1 on the old phone.
    This morning I got the OTA.. have to say its very cool now... reminded me of the 1st day I tried droid mod. everything is faster and more "fluid now", I have no lag with all my programs.... running news widget, beautiful home widget and live wallpaper. Downloaded Helix and seven screens again!
    The only problem I had was google earth was not showing up in the market, so i did a factory reset and all is well now
    It's entirely possible that overclocking can "wreck the processor." Heat and electronic equipment are not friends. And yes, I realize that not all processors will be affected by overclocking. And of course it's possible that a manual update is not identical to the OTA. And again, that might affect only some phones. Those are the risks one runs.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

2.1 manual update lag

I've been doing some searching and I am having terrible lag with my 2.1 manual update. Should I take it back to verizon?

Thanks for any help
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    do you have live wallpapers on? thats probably why
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    I definitely wouldn't take the phone back and tell them you did a manual update and your phone is lagging now. Have you tried a battery pull yet? If you have live wallpapers running this could be a cause. The worst case scenario is you might have to do a factory reset if it's that bad which isn't really that big of a deal. I see no reason to take it back unless there is something truly wrong with your phone.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I do have live wallpapers on but I would hate to turn them off because i like them. how do you do a factor reset? I'm guessing I would have to re download everything correct?

thanks!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    It's entirely possible it can wreck a processor, sure. But if it still works, it's not wrecked. Not only that, but if you're not messing with voltage, it has safety precautions built in where it will shut itself off when not stable simply because of the clock speed.

Overclocking did not cause his issues. I want to state this flat out so we don't have 50 million new forum members going "ZOMG THIS GUYZ PROCESSOR GOT JACKED UP YO FROM OVERFASTERING THE CUP!"
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Threads merged! Please remember to use the search before starting a new thread.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links