The first post is confusing... they are not the directions to changing EVRC to EVRC-b, but rather the first post of the thread allows switches to be enabled that would otherwise not, and ##778 is the access to get into that menu on the DINC.
To change EVRC to EVRC-B is very simple......
I prefer to leave the "roaming" option alone as I think thats the culprit for causing problems as some cell towers aren't up to date yet.
Here are the directions for that:
For Moto droid:
Dial "##program" (##7764726) and press send. Enter code "000000"
In option #4 change the vocode option to EVRC-B. This is a higher level speech codec used by CDMA networks introduced by 3GPP2 based on 4GV concept and is the newest and most advanced codex for cellular applications. Your phone will reset after you apply and exit.
For Droid Incredible:
1. Dial "##program" and press send. Enter code "000000"
2. Go to NAM CDMA SETTINGS
3. SCROLL down to "preferred Voice Service option for home page" set to EVRC-B, hit ok
4. Next go to "Preferred voice service option for home origination" set to EVRC-B, hit ok
5. Next leave "Preferred voice service option for Roam Origination" at EVRC
6. Now pick "menu" at the bottom, then choose "commit modifications" on bottom.
7. Device will reboot after 10 seconds.
The original post has to do with another matter that cannot be posted per forum rules.
Last edited by windstrings; 02-10-2011 at 09:12 AM.
The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!