DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Outlook email pushed to Droid?

  1. Droid
    fegriffith's Avatar
    Member #
    143
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    41
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
    The Droid DOES indeed support OWA. I just set mine up through my company. I am the Network Administrator, so I know what I am talking about (not just saying this to be a fan boi.)
    The cool thing is that it does push email, calendar, and contacts through the OWA connection - the iPhones in our company only gets push email through OWA. So that is another great thing Droid has over the iPhone.
    To answer another question someone asked, the DOMAIN is a one word name (usually the company name, but check with your admins.) The EXCHANGE SERVER is the 'mail.mycompany.com' address.
    I will try to answer any other questions that I can regarding the Exchange compatability.
    thank for for this response.

    My account actually set up without any domain listed...so it was just "\myloginid". However, while this gave me the menu to determine how much to sync, etc., the sync is failing with an exclamation mark in the upper left hand corner.

    Adding mycompany in front of it for the domain results in a login error (user id or password are incorrect).

    Any suggestions?
  2. Senior Droid
    BigTex71's Avatar
    Member #
    663
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    184
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    #22
    Did you choose the SSL option?
    Our network uses a secure OWA server, so I had to check the SSL checkbox to get mine to work.
  3. Junior Droid
    smallprint's Avatar
    Member #
    829
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #23
    Yes, SSL is selected.
  4. Senior Droid
    BigTex71's Avatar
    Member #
    663
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    184
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by fegriffith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
    The Droid DOES indeed support OWA. I just set mine up through my company. I am the Network Administrator, so I know what I am talking about (not just saying this to be a fan boi.)
    The cool thing is that it does push email, calendar, and contacts through the OWA connection - the iPhones in our company only gets push email through OWA. So that is another great thing Droid has over the iPhone.
    To answer another question someone asked, the DOMAIN is a one word name (usually the company name, but check with your admins.) The EXCHANGE SERVER is the 'mail.mycompany.com' address.
    I will try to answer any other questions that I can regarding the Exchange compatability.
    thank for for this response.

    My account actually set up without any domain listed...so it was just "\myloginid". However, while this gave me the menu to determine how much to sync, etc., the sync is failing with an exclamation mark in the upper left hand corner.

    Adding mycompany in front of it for the domain results in a login error (user id or password are incorrect).

    Any suggestions?
    Find out the actual domain name from your admin. Then put it in as 'domain\username' . Be sure to use the backslash between the domain and username or it will fail. (and don't use the quotes.)
  5. Senior Droid
    BigTex71's Avatar
    Member #
    663
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    184
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by smallprint View Post
    Yes, SSL is selected.
    [the following is for Microsoft Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 - other versions may vary]

    You may want to check the Active Directory user account settings (or have an admin do it if you are not admin) for the Exchange user to ensure they can use mobile devices for email sync. It is located on the AD user PROPERTIES -> EXCHANGE FEATURES tab -> OUTLOOK MOBILE ACCESS. Also (in the same tab) check the properties for the OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS.
  6. Senior Droid
    dean.collins's Avatar
    Member #
    412
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    130
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
    The Droid DOES indeed support OWA. I just set mine up through my company. I am the Network Administrator, so I know what I am talking about (not just saying this to be a fan boi.)
    The cool thing is that it does push email, calendar, and contacts through the OWA connection - the iPhones in our company only gets push email through OWA. So that is another great thing Droid has over the iPhone.
    To answer another question someone asked, the DOMAIN is a one word name (usually the company name, but check with your admins.) The EXCHANGE SERVER is the 'mail.mycompany.com' address.
    I will try to answer any other questions that I can regarding the Exchange compatability.

    Did you do this on the $29.99 plan or the $44.99 plan?

    Also are you saying tasks and notes are NOT being synched?



    tia,
    Dean
  7. Junior Droid
    smallprint's Avatar
    Member #
    829
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smallprint View Post
    Yes, SSL is selected.
    [the following is for Microsoft Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 - other versions may vary]

    You may want to check the Active Directory user account settings (or have an admin do it if you are not admin) for the Exchange user to ensure they can use mobile devices for email sync. It is located on the AD user PROPERTIES -> EXCHANGE FEATURES tab -> OUTLOOK MOBILE ACCESS. Also (in the same tab) check the properties for the OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS.


    That is a global setting on our domain. I have confirmed in the users AD account.
  8. Droid
    uptheforest's Avatar
    Member #
    577
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eutawville, SC
    Posts
    83
    Phone
    Droid
    #28
    ugh this is aggravating! i havent done one bit of work yet trying to get my email set up lol.

    my email is npritchard@gasworks.com
    i use outlook on my computer but our mail goes through a server at volusion.

    in the domain what do i type? same with the exchange server information? i have tried every combination known to man but my mail wont go through.

    what am i doing wrong?
  9. Senior Droid
    Donsell's Avatar
    Member #
    347
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    122
    Liked
    7 times
    #29
    I had no issues setting up my works' Exchange account. We have an internal server and an web facing front end. The internal server is mail.domain.org an the external server is webmail.domain.org. When I use OWA, I use the webmail.domain.org.

    Our server requires SSL.

    Worked flawlessly for me. You might need to check with your IT department and make sure you're using the correct servers.

    This worked on the standard 29.99 plan.
  10. Junior Droid
    smallprint's Avatar
    Member #
    829
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Donsell View Post
    I had no issues setting up my works' Exchange account. We have an internal server and an web facing front end. The internal server is mail.domain.org an the external server is webmail.domain.org. When I use OWA, I use the webmail.domain.org.

    Our server requires SSL.

    Worked flawlessly for me. You might need to check with your IT department and make sure you're using the correct servers.

    Are you forced to create a password when you join your phone to the domain? I beleive pushing any security policy from Exchange to the Droid is breaking the connection
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android outlook email push
,

how to get outlook email on droid

,
how to push outlook email to android
,
how to push outlook email to android phone
,
https://retailmail.publix.com
,
outlook email push to android
,
outlook mobile access android
,
push outlook email android
,
push outlook email to android
,
push outlook to android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+