DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed 2.1, Still No Picasa In my Gallery

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm in the same boat. No picasa sync for me. I can upload to picasa but there's no sync option.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    rkwilson07
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    So I found out that N1 gallery-2.1.apk adds Picasa to the one's gmail account, see here: how to SYNC picasa ? THIS IS HOW!!, copied and paste:
    how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread New Apps from 2.1

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage accounts
    gmail.com
    facebook
    If I press on the gmail.com one it opens another menu with four options
    Sync calendar
    Sync picasa web albums
    sync contacts
    sync gmail

check mark picasa !!

works with unrooted droid 2.0.1

btw: those werent my ideas, i searched and found from this forum... some of those words i copy n paste it from other users..thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I tried to reinstall the N1 gallery app, but no such luck on my 2.1 Droid.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post
    So I found out that N1 gallery-2.1.apk adds Picasa to the one's gmail account, see here: how to SYNC picasa ? THIS IS HOW!!, copied and paste:
    how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread New Apps from 2.1

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage accounts
    gmail.com
    facebook
    If I press on the gmail.com one it opens another menu with four options
    Sync calendar
    Sync picasa web albums
    sync contacts
    sync gmail

check mark picasa !!

works with unrooted droid 2.0.1

btw: those werent my ideas, i searched and found from this forum... some of those words i copy n paste it from other users..thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I tried to reinstall the N1 gallery app, but no such luck on my 2.1 Droid.
    The problem everyone is having is the sync picasa web albums option doesn't show up on that menu.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Welp, I've chatted with motorola support and that was no help. The guy kept saying that I needed the new gallery app, and giving me links to the page that had the infamous "comming soon" update schedule. I told him no less that 5 times that I had the update, and the new gallery but no picasa sync option. So I posted a question on the support forum and have yet to receive a response.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/26403
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl View Post
    Welp, I've chatted with motorola support and that was no help. The guy kept saying that I needed the new gallery app, and giving me links to the page that had the infamous "comming soon" update schedule. I told him no less that 5 times that I had the update, and the new gallery but no picasa sync option. So I posted a question on the support forum and have yet to receive a response.

I too installed the .zip version of the update.

I didn't have the option to sync and tried everything I could think of. The thing that finally got it to work, was resetting the phone back to factory defaults.

Worked like a charm then, the only downside is dealing with apps and settings
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by legalkill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post

From researching, the sync option between phone and Picasa online is only available through Nexus One. We should let either Google or Cooliris know that the Droid now has 2.1 and give us that sync option as well.
    I must have the option because I installed the Nexus Gallery that was ported over to the Droid. I had removed it before I installed the 2.1 update.

Flan gallery application now available for Android 2.0!:

However they think they are one inthe same in respect to 2.1 becasue I could not uninstall it or reinstall it. I just showed as installed.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Triper View Post

I didn't have the option to sync and tried everything I could think of. The thing that finally got it to work, was resetting the phone back to factory defaults.

This just made me think of something.

Do you need to have a Picasa account set up on your account BEFORE you do your initial setup on the phone? Because I DID NOT have Picasa set up on my Gmail account when I did my initial setup on the phone, and I don't show the option. Is their a way to redo the primary gmail account setup without wiping out the phone?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty258 View Post

This just made me think of something.

Do you need to have a Picasa account set up on your account BEFORE you do your initial setup on the phone? Because I DID NOT have Picasa set up on my Gmail account when I did my initial setup on the phone, and I don't show the option. Is their a way to redo the primary gmail account setup without wiping out the phone?
    I had mine setup, still no luck
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

well i guess I always have that...but I think I'm going to wait it out a little bit...its alot of trouble to get everything back to how I like it for all my apps...
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    I forgot about the Picasa Sync in Gallery until I saw this thread... I went into the account settings and sure enough the sync was not checked... as soon as I checked it it started syncing and everything is there (on the phone) now.
    Moto Droid Maxx... Stock... for now!
    Moto Droid Razr... 4.1.2 JB OTA installed and rooted using Matt's Utility... Thanks Matt!

Moto Xoom WiFi ... 4.2.2 JB Ported by Dreamcwli

Moto Sliver Bluetooth

Moto S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Headphones... Thanks Droid Forums!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links