DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Protection (Yea Right..)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOT)

Protection (Yea Right..)

So.. Ive seen skins and what not and the armor whatsit for the droid. Anybody know of a housing for the moto droid that actually works with the media dock? Everything I have come across seems like it would add to the width and be a problem...
    *Disclaimer: I tend to speak what pops in my head immediately when it happens. As a result when I type it, the idea sounds great.. more often than not I realize after the fact that I was incorrect or shoot down my own theories. Flaming me does no good as I most likely have done it myself already.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I use a blue one that I got from the VZ store...I only have to pop the back off to put it in my dock at night it takes like 2 seconds. Isnt that big of a deal.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Neupy View Post
    I use a blue one that I got from the VZ store...I only have to pop the back off to put it in my dock at night it takes like 2 seconds. Isnt that big of a deal.
    You don't think it'll wear on it and it'll get so easy to fall off? My past cases all did that
    ^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

I wasted 30% of my life in school. The other 60% was fun, though.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOT)
    Quote Originally Posted by HermitObserver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neupy View Post
    You don't think it'll wear on it and it'll get so easy to fall off? My past cases all did that
    I understand the simplicity.. but if you think about it poping it on and off will cause wear where it 'pops over' either the top or corners over time.. not to mention other phones Ive had tend to get things under the layer that cause abrasion.

Thanks for the suggestion however not quite what Im after..
    *Disclaimer: I tend to speak what pops in my head immediately when it happens. As a result when I type it, the idea sounds great.. more often than not I realize after the fact that I was incorrect or shoot down my own theories. Flaming me does no good as I most likely have done it myself already.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Ive had it since early dec and its not loose. I take it off all the time anyways cause I work at a printshop and paper dust gets EVERYWHERE...so I like to keep it clean underneath
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    So.. Ive seen skins and what not and the armor whatsit for the droid. Anybody know of a housing for the moto droid that actually works with the media dock? Everything I have come across seems like it would add to the width and be a problem...
    The only thing that will work without removal is something like the Invisible Shield/BSE/Steinheil/etc (a full body film). Anything else will require at least partial, if not complete, removal.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    If you insist on using the Motorola media dock the only option (as Takeshi noted) is a "film" protector.

But if you're willing to change the dock you'll have several options including a dock sold by Seidio that works with their cases and a couple of docks from supporting vendors here that work with any (or almost any) case. I use the MiKradle. And except for the fact that my five year old daughter keeps trying to steal it to use as a park bench for her doll house, it works very well.

P.S. Depending on how roughly you treat your most treasured possession, you might consider going naked. My wife decided she liked her droid without a cover and uses a Motorola dock I picked up cheap. The Droid is so tough that I suspect that it's more vulnerable to an ill-fitting case than to the occasional drop.
    Last edited by jsh1120; 03-31-2010 at 07:56 AM.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I throw caution to the wind and am riding naked :P I have insurance so you just never know when something bad will happen after 1 year and you'll need a new phone.

Links