DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen lock during call unlocks and mutes/ends calls/totally pisses me off

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

Screen lock during call unlocks and mutes/ends calls/totally pisses me off

When I am on a call it seems IMPOSSIBLE to lock the screen and keep it from making the screen buttons available to click. IE: I dont want the touch screen to become avaliable while Im on a call.

My face/cheek magically finds teh combination to do all of the following on 90% of my calls.

1. it mutes them, and usually switches back to the desktop and by the time I have figured out how to get back to the keypad and un-mute them they figure they lost teh call and they hang up.
    2. it switches to the keypad and starts dialing random numbers. also seems to END calls from this screen more often than others.
    3. it switches to the button that makes the keypad available to dial another party for a 3way call, this also has the effect of muting me to the other party and NOWHERE does the phone tell you that you muted the other party.
    4. the phone finds its way back to the desk top and launches another program, you name it (my music, Pandora, Google maps, what ever my face hits). I have even deleted contacts while holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

Anybody else have this problem, all my co-workers in the surrounding cubicles laugh their a$$ off all day as call after call gets dropped. Literally 80% of the calls I make are affected by this situation.

Please hackers make an app (write some code) that I can use the top lock button to lock/unlock the touch screen while I am in a call. I only want the screen to unlock (when in a call) IF I press the top button.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2
    almost 140 views in a few hours and NO ONE has had or heard of this problem?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Do you have long hair? I hear long hair messes with the proximity sensor. If so, I would recommend pulling the hair out of the way so the droid can rest directly on the skin. If not, then I don't know what to tell you. I've never had this problem, and neither has my dad who also owns a droid.
    Last edited by jacobrv; 03-30-2010 at 05:22 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    no one has anything to say because the proximity sensor actually works. i've never touched a button with the phone up to my face. ever.

Das B.A.M.F. @ 1.4Ghz
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Are you using a case like the Monaco? I had some problems with the proximity sensor (although no one else did). I have several other cases and have never had a problem with the screen (except as noted above) going on or off - actually I'd say it's one of the features that works every time!
    Gerry

Moto
    rolaDroidStockBld:44/09

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    The only time I ever had those problems was if I put the phone to my left ear. Being a rightie I would bring the mic. to my mouth first, which wouldn't allow the proximity sensor to do it's thing. Thus having the same issues you've experienced.

If that's not it, return it.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Same problem. Very annoying!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So, I bought the Moto Droid for my wife and I both on the day it came out. Pretty much right from the start, she had the exact same problems that you do. (btw, it's actually quite amazing how well you have characterized the problem.)

Anyway, I had a hard time trying to help her at first because I never had that problem on my phone. We tried everything to figure it out. After we switched phones and we realized that it was user-specific and not phone-specific, she tried holding the phone in various positions, keeping the phone makeup-free, etc.

In the end, we were never able to figure out what the problem was. We even tried a new phone for good measure. NOTHING WORKED. In the end, we had to buy an HTC Eris and sell her Droid on Craigslist. She hasn't had one problem since.

To this day, I honestly think that it had something to do with not only the color of her hair, but the sheen/texture of it. I know most people are saying "Yeah, wtf-ever," but I have no better explanation. It is a known problem discussed on some forums. No solution as far as I could ever see.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    My screen does exactly the same thing!! I can't even have a conversation. Any solutions??
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i actually have it happen to, i think its because i move my face away just slightly and the screen will breifly pop up and then some how my face will hit it. also i notice when i'm in a call and push the home button to mess around with apps, it seems to mute the call, thats annoying to me, not sure if thats suppposed to do that tho. i think it can just be finiky (check spelling) lol
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links