DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I converted my wife.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    dropseys
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I converted my wife.

My wifes New Droid arrived today. I am charging it now and setting it up soon after. She never cared about her cell phones before even while I had the next best thing every 18 months. I have had my Droid since December and had her wanting one 2 days after I got mine. She doesn't know it's here yet. I am setting it up and giving it to her. It will be like Christmas.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dropseys View Post
    My wifes New Droid arrived today. I am charging it now and setting it up soon after. She never cared about her cell phones before even while I had the next best thing every 18 months. I have had my Droid since December and had her wanting one 2 days after I got mine. She doesn't know it's here yet. I am setting it up and giving it to her. It will be like Christmas.
    My wife's arrives on Wednesday and quite honestly I'm shocked that she ordered one. She's already told me not to touch it and don't even think about rooting it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Wow I can't wait to hear her reaction!

Mike
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My wife never cared about her phones. As long as it took pictures and the screen was OKAY then it was fine. I got a Curve 8330 and she hated using it, even though I loved it. Then I got a Storm and she hated it also. She got a Dare and said the touchscreen sucked and she wanted a keyboard again, even if it was just numbers. So she has never been into high-tech phones and definitely not smart phones.

THEN I GOT THE DROID

She started to play with it all the time and she now has an Eris. After playing with mine a while, she couldn't resist. I also converted my best friend, who's wife also wants one now. LOL
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I thought you were going to say to join a cult or something cool lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    My wife's arrives on Wednesday and quite honestly I'm shocked that she ordered one. She's already told me not to touch it and don't even think about rooting it.
    Tell her if it's not rooted ... it will explode in 5 .... 4 .... 3 .... 2 .... 1 .... BOOM lol.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

I get the same reaction from my son....
    "STOP messing with my phone!!!"
    "but you'll really like it this way...."
    "MOM! Give me my phone right now!!"
    hehehehehe
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Aww hell. Here I thought I was gonna see how you converted your wife into a new and younger model. I was very excited because I wanted to follow the instructions on mine. Bah. Off to another thread.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    dropseys
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    LOL. Well put it this way, I am at work and its 3:39 am. She just contacted me on google talk from her phone saying shes testing out the app. LOL. I can't wait to hear how tired she is tomorrow and I get to say, thought it was just a phone. She didn't notice the phone at first cause she thought it was mine on the charger. I laughed at dinner when she asked when her phone was supposed to be here. The look on her face was priceless when I said it's right there and pointed at the charger.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    LOL. Well put it this way, I am at work and its 3:39 am. She just contacted me on google talk from her phone saying shes testing out the app. LOL. I can't wait to hear how tired she is tomorrow and I get to say, thought it was just a phone. She didn't notice the phone at first cause she thought it was mine on the charger. I laughed at dinner when she asked when her phone was supposed to be here. The look on her face was priceless when I said it's right there and pointed at the charger.
    Cool cool! We like happy droid owners around here. Shoulda took a pic of the look on her face.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    My wife is the DieHard iPhone Phan... she won't hear any argument against her precious iPod Touch... don't even THINK about it!!

But she won't leave my damn Droid alone... she wants to watch youtube... she wants to use my barcode scanner when we're out shopping... she wants to take it with her when I stay home so she can use the navigation!!! AAAAWWWWW HELL NO!!!

If she wasn't so darn cute we'd have some real problems...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links