DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any One Here Work For Verizon?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid/3

Any One Here Work For Verizon?

on December 27th my dad's reused enV is due for an upgrade. it has broken twice and has been replaced but now on the final lap the phone is almost in disrepair. It turns off on every 2/3 calls he makes and the replacement phones are in horrible shape and it is not worth it. So does any verizon employee know if its possible to upgrade a secondary line 1 month early? Verizon has gotten MORE then its money's worth from our family line. the reason i ask is because my dad is going to give me the upgrade (DROID ;-) and he is going to take my Voyager.
    I know i should be asking Verizon directly but my parents dont think it will get us anywhere

Any help any Suggestions?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    I work for Best Buy Mobile, and my advice is to call Verizon up and explain the situation. Some times you get someone that will help you out.

From what I know if you threaten to leave, or along those lines then they might give in. Worth a try.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by taypotts View Post
    I work for Best Buy Mobile, and my advice is to call Verizon up and explain the situation. Some times you get someone that will help you out.

From what I know if you threaten to leave, or along those lines then they might give in. Worth a try.
    This is horrible advice which doesn't suprise me coming from an indirect dealer like BBM. Threatening will not get you anywhere. If you were upgrading from a non data device to the droid, most likely a retail store will let you do an early upgrade with the $20 early upgrade fee since it will be a nice $30 DAPC. Be polite, nobody wants to help an ass is the best advice I can give.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I would agree that talking to a verizon rep would be your best idea. I know quite a few people who were allowed to upgrade early. Tell them what's going on, and that all you want to do is upgrade, from what i've seen 1 month or less and they probably able to help you.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Just as a word of advice, reps, managers and stores in general are working to make money. Early upgrades on secondary lines do not translate to money in the pocket. But if they get the data products and accessories they more than likely will take it.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROIDX
    I called customer service and explained about my multi fru's on my storm. The csr put me hold talked to a supervisor who decided to let me upgrade 2 months early. The line I upgraded is a secondary line and it took two different calls to customer service on two different days. Just be polite and explain the situation and you'll probably get what you want. Don't threaten to leave, your bill amount is just a drop in the bucket and will just piss someone off.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Verizon has a policy that if you return a phone 3 times within 90 days, they will let you either get a new phone that is the same kind, or a different phone. If you get a different phone, you have to pay the difference in the price of what you paid for your phone versus the new phone. How do I know this? I just did it! It is not something they like to advertise, but will do so if you just ask.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    Last edited by taypotts; 11-19-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Language
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Hello everyone. Please please keep this discussion on topic and respectful. Please do not call any more names here. This is something we discourage around here. Thanks and have a nice day
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Definitely call Verizon and just explain to them. I am secondary line on a family share (wife is primary, damnit) and I have called last 3 upgrades to upgrade early and they have always said ok. I got the droid 2.5 weeks before upgrade date.

Def worth the call.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links