DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: New Droid User/How long will Droid be on top?

  1. Junior Droid
    TopperHarley's Avatar
    Member #
    52152
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Question New Droid User/How long will Droid be on top?

    Hello all, I just bought a Droid yesterday, upgraded from an LG Voyager, and I actually stayed in on a Saturday night just to play around with it all night! I love it so far.

    I went in to look at the new Devour because I wanted as new a phone as I could get. But side by side with the Droid it didn't even compare! My question is how long do you guys/gals think it will be until the Droid is obsolete? It always seems like I buy a new phone and then another much better phone comes out almost immediately and I'm stuck with a second place phone for a couple years. Let's face it the Droid is the best phone out there and I want it to stay that way!!!
    thank you ma'am, may I have another?
  2. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #2
    You might try tying your self-esteem to something other than whether you have the hottest new phone.
  3. Junior Droid
    TopperHarley's Avatar
    Member #
    52152
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    you might want to stop roping goats and keep your negativity somewhere else.
    thank you ma'am, may I have another?
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #4
    Guys, lets not get off on the wrong foot. TopperHarley to answer your question the Droid will be obsolete when it's no longer in demand. Right now it's still in high demand, my wife just ordered one.

    I'm not pleased with the response you got from jsh1120 but I will tell you that we do not tolerate bad language in this forum. I've edited your post. We welcome you here but please in the future avoid using bad language.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #5
    Calm down, son. Just pointing out that you're engaged in an impossible quest. As long as you want a wireless carrier to finance your phone for you, you'll never be able to have the latest and greatest phone for more than a few months. But congratulations for falling into the most common trap of consumerism.
  6. Master Droid
    CatsTide's Avatar
    Member #
    490
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    629
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    incredible HTC droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    You might try tying your self-esteem to something other than whether you have the hottest new phone.
    well that's just hard to do isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopperHarley;34n't it?5298
    you might want to stop roping goats and keep your negativity somewhere else.
    nice

    the droid won't be obsolete for a very long time. with the technology that's packed inside it will be a top phone for some time. as far as how long on top? i'd say for about another week or so. have you heard about the "incredible " that is supposed to come to verizon in a week or so? it will top the droid in specs and performance.,,,some may disagree but bring it on...
  7. Junior Droid
    TopperHarley's Avatar
    Member #
    52152
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I'm not pleased with the response you got from jsh1120 but I will tell you that we do not tolerate bad language in this forum. I've edited your post. We welcome you here but please in the future avoid using bad language.
    Noted. Sorry about that

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsTide View Post
    the droid won't be obsolete for a very long time. with the technology that's packed inside it will be a top phone for some time. as far as how long on top? i'd say for about another week or so. have you heard about the "incredible " that is supposed to come to verizon in a week or so? it will top the droid in specs and performance.,,,some may disagree but bring it on...
    I have heard about it, and have read all the specs/reviews. It seems like it'll be a pretty good challenger. But I have never been a fan of an on-screen keyboard and I know there are plenty others out there that are the same way, keeping phones like the Droid in high demand. I would never buy a phone without a physical QWERTY. I have big hands so whenever I try using an on-screen I have a real hard time. I'm having trouble getting acclimated to the Droid's (non-raised) keyboard, but I'm sure it'll get better with time, as it always does.
    thank you ma'am, may I have another?
  8. Master Droid
    CatsTide's Avatar
    Member #
    490
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    629
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    incredible HTC droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TopperHarley View Post
    I have heard about it, and have read all the specs/reviews. It seems like it'll be a pretty good challenger. But I have never been a fan of an on-screen keyboard and I know there are plenty others out there that are the same way, keeping phones like the Droid in high demand. I would never buy a phone without a physical QWERTY. I have big hands so whenever I try using an on-screen I have a real hard time. I'm having trouble getting acclimated to the Droid's (non-raised) keyboard, but I'm sure it'll get better with time, as it always does.
    i'm 6'1" 250lbs with large hands also.i never pull out my physical keyboard. to me the onscreen keyboard is just so much easier and faster. you might give it a try for a while and see what you think...remember ,there is a learning curve...
  9. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TopperHarley View Post

    I have heard about it, and have read all the specs/reviews. It seems like it'll be a pretty good challenger. But I have never been a fan of an on-screen keyboard and I know there are plenty others out there that are the same way, keeping phones like the Droid in high demand. I would never buy a phone without a physical QWERTY. I have big hands so whenever I try using an on-screen I have a real hard time. I'm having trouble getting acclimated to the Droid's (non-raised) keyboard, but I'm sure it'll get better with time, as it always does.
    In that case you'd better come to terms with having an "obsolete" phone because physical keyboards are virtually certain to disappear in the next few years.

    Physical keyboards (a) add weight, (b) are costly to engineer and manufacture, and (c) break because they're mechanical. All of that adds up to less profit for phone manufacturers and the carriers who so kindly subsidize your purchase.

    The development of alternatives in the form of "swiping" rather than "tapping" input methods is already obvious and that trend will only accelerate. And the fact that there is virtually no manufacturing cost for a virtual keyboard makes the trend irresistible.
  10. DF News Team
    wuyanks's Avatar
    Member #
    800
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    #10
    the droid is almost 5 months old... and in the tech world, that is a lifetime... i just wrote an article about this... maybe it'll be of interest to topperharley

    CTIA 2010: An Afterthought – Has VZ snubbed its customers? | DroidBlog - Android News
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Aloha!, Long Time BB user consideering the switch!
    By msuperbauer in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 11:40 PM
  2. New Droid User and First Time Android User
    By Nat3Th3Ap3 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
  3. Long time cell phone user, 1st time Droid user
    By rondunnjr in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
  4. So how long before we see a rooted DROID?
    By garrett in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 08:07 AM
  5. New Droid User, New Smart Phone User
    By Lesley547 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 02:44 AM

Search tags for this page

best droid phone 2011

,
best new droid phone
,
how long will the droid 3 stay on the market
,
how long will the droidx stay on top
,
new droid 2011 how much
,
new droid phones in 2011
,
new droid phones on verizon 2011
,
physical keyboards phones obsolete
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+