DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: just what IS rooting?

Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorola Droid

just what IS rooting?

I searched and people just talk about it. No one has put up what it is for, how to do it, why to do it, when and where to do it, etc.
    thanks.

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Dude, did you read any of these threads??? Rooting explanations, questions and answers, tips tricks... its all on here.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
  5. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Use this thread to get answers to popular questions.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e-posting.html
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Motorola Droid

Thumbs down

My deepest thanks for making me feel like an idiot.
    I'm going to find another droid forum where hopefully people are kinder to new folks who try and still cant find anything in search. My apologies. I had no idea that people on here had to be old pros and know everything before posting.

LtKen, you were kind to me in my other post and on here which I appreciate immensely. These other people were beyond rude and I'm going to be sure to NOT recommend this forum to my other friends who either just got or are going to get Droids/Eris's. I'm going to warn them that new people are NOT welcome here and to not ask anything because you will get talked down to.

and just to answer the rude people above LtKen: Ill reitterate to the WORD what my opening question was after I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION: "I searched and people just talk about it. No one has put up what it is for, how to do it, why to do it, when and where to do it, etc."
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Yes some of the above posters came off a bit brash. There are many stickies on rooting explaining everything in the hacking sections, I guess the search function didn't show those threads or you missed em. There are a lot of nice and helpful people on the forum....
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by chromashadows View Post
    I'm going to find another droid forum where hopefully people are kinder to new folks who try and still cant find anything in search. My apologies. I had no idea that people on here had to be old pros and know everything before posting.

LtKen, you were kind to me in my other post and on here which I appreciate immensely. These other people were beyond rude and I'm going to be sure to NOT recommend this forum to my other friends who either just got or are going to get Droids/Eris's. I'm going to warn them that new people are NOT welcome here and to not ask anything because you will get talked down to.

and just to answer the rude people above LtKen: Ill reitterate to the WORD what my opening question was after I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION: "I searched and people just talk about it. No one has put up what it is for, how to do it, why to do it, when and where to do it, etc."
    You have to be joking. Trust me, people took it light on you, compared to other forums where people would've FLAMED the crap outta you lol

It's completely obvious that you missed the 100+ threads on this exact topic you asked about. Threads that explain "what it is for" and "how to do it" and "when and where to do it", and also "etc."

So look closely before you post things like you did in your last post

10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chromashadows View Post

You have to be joking. Trust me, people took it light on you, compared to other forums where people would've FLAMED the crap outta you lol

It's completely obvious that you missed the 100+ threads on this exact topic you asked about. Threads that explain "what it is for" and "how to do it" and "when and where to do it", and also "etc."

So look closely before you post things like you did in your last post
    It's hard to take it light on somebody when the referred thread is titled "Here is What Rooting Means - Stop Asking." But unfortunately I can't change the title.

chromashadows I apologize for the way you were treated. That is not the goal of our forum and not the way I expect our forum members to act. Remember people, we hold ourselves to a higher standard then other forums do and we plan on continuing to do that. I don't blame the OP one bit for feeling like he was flamed - he was.

natediddy you know I hold you in high regard but I expect our new people to be treated nice. The last line of the quoted post just wasn't necessary. Treat the new members with kid gloves, point them in the right direction, and you've done your good dead for the day. I'm not picking on you I just expect a little more from you. Others didn't treat the new member well either. Let's just do better next time, ok guys?

Our goal is to help each other. That's what we're all here for.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links