DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Weird film on droid

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    twitter.com/dragonfly1113
    Phone
    Droid 3

Weird film on droid

I've had this very weird film that i've just been disregarding for a few weeks if not months by now, have had my droid since launch day and there is this little film like material on the back of the device, when the keyboard is open its behind where the screen is, does anyone know if that can be removed? or if i should just leave it there? may be a dumb question but figured i'd shoot it out and see what people had to say about it.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly1113 View Post
    I've had this very weird film that i've just been disregarding for a few weeks if not months by now, have had my droid since launch day and there is this little film like material on the back of the device, when the keyboard is open its behind where the screen is, does anyone know if that can be removed? or if i should just leave it there? may be a dumb question but figured i'd shoot it out and see what people had to say about it.
    This has come up before. On my first Droid I took it off and left it on with my second Droid. I do not think it has any functional use besides a little protection for the slider area.

Droid 1: 2.0>Manual 2.0.1>OTA 2.1>Future!
    Droid X: 2.1>Future
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    There are a few threads on this.

Anyways, yes, you can remove it, it was there to protect the back of the screen during manufacturing.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    The slider is much better with the film off. It used to be really difficult for me to push the slider up. I was afraid once I took the film off that it would be too easy to slide, so I didn't for the first month of owning the phone. But once I removed it, I definitely preferred it off - it is still not easy to push up and it "clicks" once it is in place. I told all my friends to remove their film and they all liked the slider much better after that.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    The slider is much better with the film off. It used to be really difficult for me to push the slider up. I was afraid once I took the film off that it would be too easy to slide, so I didn't for the first month of owning the phone. But once I removed it, I definitely preferred it off - it is still not easy to push up and it "clicks" once it is in place. I told all my friends to remove their film and they all liked the slider much better after that.

Thanks everyone will remove now
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    wow much better!! thanks guys.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    It's funny this got mentioned. I can't stand that film. They put it on all the glossy surfaces now and I'm completely OCD about it. My girlfriend just got a new Gateway laptop and there's TONS of it. She was doing some homework and I kept reaching in to peel it off and she'd slap my hand. I waited a while to remove that piece but every time I'd have the slider open any length of time, I'd always find myself picking at it or peeling it up and then laying it back down.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweettooth View Post
    It's funny this got mentioned. I can't stand that film. They put it on all the glossy surfaces now and I'm completely OCD about it. My girlfriend just got a new Gateway laptop and there's TONS of it. She was doing some homework and I kept reaching in to peel it off and she'd slap my hand. I waited a while to remove that piece but every time I'd have the slider open any length of time, I'd always find myself picking at it or peeling it up and then laying it back down.
    Yeah i think my fiance still has the blue film on her devour even though she got is 2 weeks ago we believe its stuck in the earpiece of the phone and dont wanna dig in there and damage it, its pretty annoying.

Links