DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alltel plan with Droid

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Alltel plan with Droid

Alright this has probably been asked a lot already but after 6 phone calls to Verizon I am still not getting a straight answer. I am a current Alltel customer and I would like to get a Droid but stay on an Alltel plan. The first 3 people I talked to said I could do this and then I get a phone call today saying my order cannot be processed unless I switch to a Verizon plan. I have read that some of the features won't work. If so which ones?

Oh and uh, hi I'm new here and was going to be the new owner of 2 Droids tomorrow but now..............
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It would seem to me that you could stay on the same plan if you already have a smartphone data plan.
    I could be wrong though, some of the connection settings may be different still.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    I just did this, and it does switch you to a Verizon plan. I lost my 7pm nights, but that was the only change.
    I was able to get a Droid on my Alltel plan without any changes. I kept my 7pm nights & weekends.

If I were you I'd go raise hell and get it back.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have the same question. Today i was told that i could get the phone for full retial price on ebay or where ever. They also told me that some features wont work on it like the GPS and google voice etc. Is this true because i dont want to spend that kind of money on a phone if it doesnt work?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I am alltel customer in Springfield Missouri and my gps works great! Plus I save about 15 bux/month not going verizon plan. (DROID OWNER)
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had a data plan with Alltel and upgraded to the Droid with Verizon. I kept my exact plan and renewed it for 2 more years. No extra charges, no change to my minutes or data, etc. I called Verizon and asked how they did phone upgrades compared to Alltel. The rep told me he could reset my phone upgrade date to buy a Droid. I went to the store the next day and got my Droid for $150 with my contract renewal.

If you do not already have a data plan I do not know for sure. I imagine if you're changing your plan (beyond adding a line) at all then you might have to change to a Verizon plan.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus: Sourcerized
    Quote Originally Posted by bh1138 View Post
    Alright this has probably been asked a lot already but after 6 phone calls to Verizon I am still not getting a straight answer. I am a current Alltel customer and I would like to get a Droid but stay on an Alltel plan. The first 3 people I talked to said I could do this and then I get a phone call today saying my order cannot be processed unless I switch to a Verizon plan. I have read that some of the features won't work. If so which ones?

Oh and uh, hi I'm new here and was going to be the new owner of 2 Droids tomorrow but now..............
    Why would you want to stick with Altell? Verizon owns themm theres no reason.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: Team Sourcery!

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So u did not change your service to verison. This is where i keep getting confused because when i called verizon to try this they said i need to change to verizon in order to get the droid. So are you now with verizon but alltel honored your plan payment that u had with alltel?
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    You should be able to. Verizon honored my surewest plan of unlimited anytime minutes and long distance. $44 a month. So when I got the droid, they just added the $29 to that. You just have to keep calling customer service until you get to a right que of someone that understands your plan.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bh1138 View Post

Why would you want to stick with Altell? Verizon owns themm theres no reason.
    It's not that they want to stick with Alltel, but they want to keep using their Alltel PLAN (grandfathered in). The Alltel plans were typically cheaper. For example, if I switched from my Alltel plan (3 Blackberries shared) to a similar Verizon plan, my monthly charge would go up $ 20.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links