DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Contacts and default email..

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Contacts and default email..

Hey all when I resgistered my phone I used one of my gmail accounts. I have since decided I want my main account to be my new gmail account.

What I want is to move ALL my contacts over to my new gmail account. Can I do this from my phone?

Once I do this how do I set my new email as my phones default for googletalk?

Also, on a side note. How do I combine contacts? I syncd my facebook but it didnt combine all of them so I have duplicates. Ones with emails and facebook stuff and one with just phone numbers. Some it combined but not all. How can I do this manually?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by xythil View Post
    Hey all when I resgistered my phone I used one of my gmail accounts. I have since decided I want my main account to be my new gmail account.

What I want is to move ALL my contacts over to my new gmail account. Can I do this from my phone?

Also, on a side note. How do I combine contacts? I syncd my facebook but it didnt combine all of them so I have duplicates. Ones with emails and facebook stuff and one with just phone numbers. Some it combined but not all. How can I do this manually?
    Save yourself a LOT of grief and do what you need to do from a computer accessing the full gmail application on the web. If that's not possible, at least use your browser to access it on your phone.

You can certainly export/import your contacts from one gmail account to another, I assume. And you can combine contacts by using the "merge contacts" functionality in the online application for google contacts.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xythil View Post

Save yourself a LOT of grief and do what you need to do from a computer accessing the full gmail application on the web. If that's not possible, at least use your browser to access it on your phone.

You can certainly export/import your contacts from one gmail account to another, I assume. And you can combine contacts by using the "merge contacts" functionality in the online application for google contacts.
    what about changing my default account on the phone?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    anyone? how can i switch which is main

Links