DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Generation DroidForums

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

3rd Generation DroidForums

Seems like 1rst Generation was getting in on or close to the ground floor a few months ago, learning about exciting new apps and about the Droid. 2nd Gen excitement started with the success of DroidMod and other mod packages, which brough rooting from the techies to the Droid public, and then expanded into elaborate mod refinements.

Now it appears that we are entering 3rd gen, where the older generations know how to use their Droids, and many have rooted their phones; but meanwhile, thousands of new users are trying to figure out the basics, not knowing where to turn and asking many of the same questions that were answered in long threads months ago.

Aside from the possible minor benefits of 2.1, where will the new excitement be for 1rst and 2nd Gen Droiders, aside from mentoring newbies through the process? Will it be as good as it was initially, or is the honeymoon over?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i would say it will soon be the case that everybody knows how to use them, and we will all be at the bar drinking flat beer, rejoicing in our own superority and wisdom that led us to buy a "bare knuckle bucked of does"
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Small improvements, if you are into those. LW which is candy.

I'm looking forward to speech to text capability.

We'll always be mentoring the next gen that comes up, has nothing to do with what it is or where we are.

Nicer apps, games, possible flash, will improve the user experience, or ruin it hehehe.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I suspect the avalanche of new phones will further confuse and energize the discussions.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    HTC evo 4G anyone?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    One by one we'll piss each other off and go away.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    This forum will probably continue to grow and help each other out at least until android is no more.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've had my Droid since launch date back in November. And I'm STILL learning new things and trying out new stuff. In my opinion, the possibility are endless with a technology like this. As long as developers keep developing, I don't think we'll have a shortage of things to do or learn with our Droids.

:-)
    AquaDan88
    DROID User
    Pete's GPA14 ROM
    Chevy's LV .8gHz Kernel

10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    It is amazing the depth at which one's understanding of both hardware and software can grow.

• Learn to apply theme.
    • Put together your own theme from various subparts.
    • Assemble graphic pieces into the subparts that make up a theme and then apply the theme
    • Learn photoshop/gimp/etc to create your own graphic pieces to add to the subparts that make up a theme so you can apply the theme.

The same is true of the rom's themselves. The phones run on Linux. There are tons of apps that run on Linux. There is room for a lot of growth for those who like to tweak things on various levels.

While the forums appear to primarily cover the Droid phone there are other phones people use here. This is a wise move as we can stay on these very same forums and take our knowledge from one Android phone and apply it to the next we own.

It is true though, there are only so many times you can change the look of your keyboard before you tire of doing so. But as long as new apps and features come out we'll keep on playing and learning. Someone will fine tune the fm transmitter built into the motorola Droid. Someone else will perfect and release usb drivers so we can plug keyboards into our phones, or usb drives, or web cams, or usb missle launchers from ThinkGeek.com or who knows what.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There will always be something new to learn or tweak seeing that Android is FOSS. I am looking forward to the day when we can hook up a BT keyboard and mouse and pipe the video out over USB. Now that there will be HOT. Not to mention newer revisions of the OS making it faster and more feature rich. Last but not least with the current success of the Droid, the Droid 2. You know Motorola is already sketching it up and getting it ready for the 4G invasion.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links