DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid battery dying waaay too quickly now! Anyone else?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

Droid battery dying waaay too quickly now! Anyone else?

My battery (after I recharge it to 100%) immediately starts dropping juice only after 10 minutes of use and once it hits 80%, it goes down quickly... I usually end up having to turn the phone completely off, not use it to have usability until I'm able to recharge it.

Is anyone else having issues w/their droid battery usage? I carry my charger w/me everywhere but I can't always find a place to plug in. I don't overcharge my battery nor do I leave it plugged in just to plug it in... I'm thinking now I'll have to buy & carry a second battery now for those moments I can't plug in.

Xample: today I'm in a courthouse for jury summons & I wanna watch videos while I'm waiting. I've been here an hour and I'm already down to 70%... & I haven't even watched one yet!

I mean come on! Yesterday the guy in front of me was killin' up on his iphone the whole day in the juror room & I had to turn mine off halfway thru a disney movie!!

Are they producing a better droid battery? Anybody know??

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    I think people are going to want to know what is using your battery the most. Go to Settings-->About Phone-->Battery Use.

Mine: 54% display, 21% Cell Standby, 12% Phone Idle, 5% Google Voice (my SMS), 5% Android System.

My battery easily lasts all day. By the end of the day I'm at 50% with moderate texting/browsing. I do have a charger at work now (as well as for car) so I'm almost always at 100%. I leave my phone plugged in all night as well.

I've texted/browsed/youtubed for 3 hours before and still had 70% battery.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    My guess is that you have some app somewhere eating your battery. Do the battery use thing and post your results.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Do these batteries have a memory? Should we be allowing them to drain down before a recharge or does that not matter any more?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    I think people are going to want to know what is using your battery the most. Go to Settings-->About Phone-->Battery Use.

Mine: 54% display, 21% Cell Standby, 12% Phone Idle, 5% Google Voice (my SMS), 5% Android System.

My battery easily lasts all day. By the end of the day I'm at 50% with moderate texting/browsing. I do have a charger at work now (as well as for car) so I'm almost always at 100%. I leave my phone plugged in all night as well.

Thankyou, bigmcguire... I should've looked there first & you're right... turns out beautiful widgets is killing up juice on my droid. Here are my readings:

Beautiful widget: 43%, display: 27%, browser: 14%, voice calls: 7%, androis system: 5%, cell standby: 2%

I didn't realize BW used so much. It just sits on my third window. I will have to do something about this now. Thanks again.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    No these batteries don't have a memory, but I still think its a good idea to run it down on occasion.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rap4974 View Post
    Do these batteries have a memory? Should we be allowing them to drain down before a recharge or does that not matter any more?
    No memory.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Well I usually have to charge my battery every day. I'm addicted to this damn phone though. I do internal IT so when all the sales people leave for the majority of the day there are cases where I have major downtime and I'm glued to the phone the whole time.

Just to give you an idea of my recent activity; I've been hooked on Raging Thunder 2 (...and Virtual Table Tennis) and because of all the lights beaming down on me at work, I normally am at +1 or +2 brightness, but at home I use default. I text off and on the whole day, occasionally talk for 30 minutes to an hour every other day, browse the net like crazy, and download a lot of stuff (bill usually shows about 2GB or more). Lastly I will usually go on a music listening or YouTube watching binge at some point, so all in all I figure my battery holds up rather well.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    Hey Penny, what that means is that Beautiful Widgets is using GPS way too often. I'd go to options and either disable geolocation or switch to 4 or 8 hours. Make sure you have a zip code or city name to default too.
  11. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Quote Originally Posted by pennypritty1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post

Thankyou, bigmcguire... I should've looked there first & you're right... turns out beautiful widgets is killing up juice on my droid. Here are my readings:

Beautiful widget: 43%, display: 27%, browser: 14%, voice calls: 7%, androis system: 5%, cell standby: 2%

I didn't realize BW used so much. It just sits on my third window. I will have to do something about this now. Thanks again.
    Wow, I'm running BW and it never uses more than 3%. I'm not sure how to fix it except maybe uninstalling it and reinstalling it again and see if that changes it's usage.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links