DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PDANet vs. East Tether

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

PDANet vs. East Tether

Hey guys, so I searched the forums first and didn't see this topic come up. I have been using PDANet for a while now. It works great. I am using the free version so I have no https capability which is fine for the most part, but now I want to have https so I'm trying to determine if I should go ahead and buy the full version of PDANet or buy Easy Tether. I just found out about Easy Tether today so I don't no much about it, but I do notice that it is half the price of PDANet. Has anyone used both products? Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other and also if there are any collisions or problems having both installed? I'm afraid to even try Easy Tether because I'm afraid it might screw up my PDANet install on my PC somehow and then PDANet which I KNOW works good will stop working. Any help and suggestions would be great. Oh and I have no interest in rooting my phone to get free tethering. At least not yet. :-) THANKS
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Why quit using something that has worked well and for years (for me). It may be time to say "thank you" by purchasing.

Twist - /\/\ Droid ----- I LOVE this thing!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Because easy tether is half the price. I also read someone say they thought it was "faster", so wanted to try and find out if anyone else has noticed that difference or any other major differences. I have no problem paying for PDANet, its' just that if Easy Tether is better and half the price then I might think of switching. And I'm asking on here instead of trying it myself just in case Easy Tether does mess with my PDANet install.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    cant verizon find out about this and charge you for it.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Is there a "how-to" on this massive forum on tethering a desktop for internet use via pdanet or east tether? I'm completely green to the process.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motarola Droid
    I'm new to the Droid after bailing out of my BB Storm a week and a half ago. Finding information about tethering the droid without paying Verizon monthly for the service was one of the 2 things that sold me on buying the Droid. I got poor information from a local store rep so I did research via internet and word of mouth. When searching "tethering" I found this: How to Tether Motorola Droid
    I followed the steps and purchased PDANet, downloaded the software and drivers before buying the phone, installed it and went to buy the phone. Everything installed without issue and I haven't looked back. Its faster than what I had through my BB and Verizon.
    This site probably has information on tethering but i just signed up and wouldn't know where to send you.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Check the hacks section for info on wifi tethering. Its much cheaper and very easy to do.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    But you have to "root" your phone, which I did not want to do. Don't feel like bricking my phone or not being able to get official updates.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC - G1

Thumbs up Droid Tether, in Afghanistan

Hello, I noticed this post. I am in Afghanistan and was researching ways to tether my phone as I was no where with a connection. I was getting ready to go through the whole root process and download Firefox, etc. , etc and then ran across both the PDAnet and the Easy Tether.I downloaded both but only used the Easy Tether. I have to say it worked GREAT! Unbelievably easy and concidering where I am Blazing Fast!Chris
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    I use a free version of Easy Tether and love it. I have only used it while traveling and only for net surfing. I have not came across any website that I couldn't get to.

I used it for several hours a couple of weeks ago while traveling on I-59 through Alabama.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links