DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How do you send files to PC via Bluetooth?

  1. Droid
    saobi's Avatar
    Member #
    32837
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Motorola Droid from Verizon
    #1

    How do you send files to PC via Bluetooth?

    I went to Droid Gallery, and selected a photo, pressed "share" -> "bluetooth". Then a list of devices came up , I see my PC, but it says "paired but not connected". I go to my PC, and bring up Blue tooth devices window in control panel, and i see "Droid", and i click on the entry, and on the bottom is says "Authenticated: Yes", "Connection in Use: No".

    So, what's my next step, what do I do to transfer the file? Seems not very intuitive, this bluetooth technology. Could never get it working.
  2. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #2
    You need to use a 3rd party app, I like Bluetooth File Transfer, free in the market. Just pair the phone with the PC, and it should recognize the phone as a file source.
  3. Droid
    saobi's Avatar
    Member #
    32837
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Motorola Droid from Verizon
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    You need to use a 3rd party app, I like Bluetooth File Transfer, free in the market. Just pair the phone with the PC, and it should recognize the phone as a file source.
    Huh? Totally confused. There's a "share via bluetooth" option built within Droid. Why do I need a third party software?
  4. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by saobi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    You need to use a 3rd party app, I like Bluetooth File Transfer, free in the market. Just pair the phone with the PC, and it should recognize the phone as a file source.
    Huh? Totally confused. There's a "share via bluetooth" option built within Droid. Why do I need a third party software?
    Because the phone doesnt support the protocols necessary to do this without a 3rd party app. If there's someone out there who has done this without an extra app, then please share, but from what I've read/learn/done on my own, you need this app to do what you want to do.
  5. Droid
    saobi's Avatar
    Member #
    32837
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Motorola Droid from Verizon
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saobi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    You need to use a 3rd party app, I like Bluetooth File Transfer, free in the market. Just pair the phone with the PC, and it should recognize the phone as a file source.
    Huh? Totally confused. There's a "share via bluetooth" option built within Droid. Why do I need a third party software?
    Because the phone doesnt support the protocols necessary to do this without a 3rd party app. If there's someone out there who has done this without an extra app, then please share, but from what I've read/learn/done on my own, you need this app to do what you want to do.
    Then why such a feature is built if they know it doesn't work yet?
  6. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by saobi View Post
    Then why such a feature is built if they know it doesn't work yet?
    You'll have to ask a Droid Dev... It does work, but Google or Motorola or whoever removed the OBEX protocols necessary to do this. Just use Bluetooth File Transfer, it works great, and it's free.
  7. Master Droid
    therock's Avatar
    Member #
    27838
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N. GA
    Posts
    292
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    #7
    Get an app called WebSharing and do it much faster wirelessly.
    Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus / AOKP Build 28 ROM / Imoseyon 2.8.0 Kernel / No Theme, Just Inverted Gmail, Inverted Messaging, and Inverted People On Black Wallpaper ~

    My Cell Phone Carrier










  8. Master Droid
    tehpriest's Avatar
    Member #
    40629
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wales. UK
    Posts
    367
    Phone
    Milestone 2.0.1
    #8
    Have a look here also. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...-transfer.html

    I can now send mp3 and photo's back and forth but not documents. Thats what I was hoping as I do not have wifi everywhere but can carry a BT dongle quite easily between locations.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Send Contacts via Bluetooth to your Car Navigator
    By garboy in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 05:43 AM
  2. Can i send contacts via bluetooth???
    By NYZ93 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
  3. problems transfering files with bluetooth
    By johnforeman in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
  4. send audio too av reciever via bluetooth?
    By DawsonMobley in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM
  5. How to send larg video files with droid?
    By Chrisace89 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Search tags for this page

android bluetooth built in share not recognizing

,

bluetooth to computre

,

droid transfer photos to computer using bluetooth

,

how to send a file with bluetooth on milestone x

,

how to transfere files from galaxy s3 to pc bluetooth

,
location of gallery on bluetooth android
,
send a file from droid razr via bluetooth
,
send files via bluetooth droid razr
,

send mp3 from android phone to pc via bluetooth

,

transfer mp3 from android to computer via bluetooth

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+