DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google MAps update today work on Droid for anyone?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiksilver711 View Post
    I saw it had an update and it wouldnt install for me, says unsigned or something like that... may be because I just flashed to smoked glass v 6 last night, and it comes with a different google maps or somethin? I dont know, but it may be that I have a newer version of maps because i'm rooted.

(p.s. before all your non rooted heads explode because I mentioned the fact that I am rooted, I am not bragging about rooting being better than stock, (even though it is ) I was just stating it as a fact, because I think it may be the reason that the update did not work for me.)
    If you go to the adamz sub section in the rom forum there is a fix for this. I had to uninstall maps with root explorer and then reinstall it
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Same issue here, just would not work. I uninstalled the update and it works fine now.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC ROOTED
    Workin fine here... DroidMod 1.0... love the live wallpaper that comes with that update... just another way to trip my friends out
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Works great for me from the first update, from Auto app and by itself, with or without GPS enabled. Unrooted, stock 2.0.1 Droid.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Actually noticed the new maps update today after making a road trip. Before Maps (the update that went earlier this week) was buggy as hell and made me sad because I otherwise enjoyed the update.

Got the latest update today and suddenly all the bugs I noticed previously are gone.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Got my update. Love the pinch-to-zoom. And I hate to say it, I like the Buzz integration. I thought Buzz was going to be a lousy invention that had no real place, but I can see it being useful. I mean I can check out what's going on all over the city in my map. I like the idea. Hopefully it takes off and people use it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    also had problems on stock 2.0.1 - a few waits and force-closes later it seemed to have straightened itself out...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    RobertMilk
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I upgraded Maps yesterday morning, then used it for a trip from Richmond, VA to Raleigh, NC, plus a couple of side trips. Worked perfectly, in fact it had the streets of a new subdivision, north of Raleigh, that had its first completed house last month. Very current in my estimation.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilazr View Post
    Got my update. Love the pinch-to-zoom. And I hate to say it, I like the Buzz integration. I thought Buzz was going to be a lousy invention that had no real place, but I can see it being useful. I mean I can check out what's going on all over the city in my map. I like the idea. Hopefully it takes off and people use it.
    It will be interesting to see how Buzz works in a crisis situation. Whether something major or something as minor as a traffic jam. I can see it being a big help for those who use it. So far I've used it only to show others it exists and that it comes up on my phone.

On the day it launched someone posted a story here about a dog they came across. The pound found no embedded chip, the lost and found in the paper didn't work and then Buzz is launched a week or so later. He Buzzes about the dog and 20 minutes later someone 2 blocks away contacts him. How cool is that?
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    The new upgrade doesn't work for me. Not only does it hang and force close but it also doesn't do voice navigation.

I tried un-installing and re-installing a couple of times but it never worked. Went back to what there was before the upgrade and it works fine.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links