DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Pairing Droid to two bluetooth devices simultaneously

  1. Master Droid
    pudah's Avatar
    Member #
    7041
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    337
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Pairing Droid to two bluetooth devices simultaneously

    Can I do this? Im thinking of installing an aftermarket stereo into my car and keeping the stock OnStar/Bluetooth. I want it to auto connect to the GM Bluetooth for calls, and connect to the stereo for streaming music. Can I do this?
  2. Senior Droid
    iamjoe's Avatar
    Member #
    11166
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    usa - NJ
    Posts
    156
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Bionic Since Day 1
    #2
    I think you'd have to bounce back and forth. I connect to a motorola blue tooth stereo module for streaming music from my droid to my car stereo. I can answer calls on it too. But if I want to use my plantronics headset, I am pretty sure that I need to go into settings on the droid and connect to it.

    My 2 cents
  3. Droid Ninja
    RW-1's Avatar
    Member #
    10175
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nazareth, PA
    Posts
    2,257
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    Although I havent checked, most BT devices can "Store" more than one device in a list of devices to connect to, but I have not yet seen one BT device such as a phone (because I have a ninovo BT set ) have more than one device connected to it at the same time.

    You would have to jump between both, but they should both be available when switching, etc. (wouldn't have to re-pair once set)
  4. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #4
    Yeah, you need two individual BT radios to pair two devices at once. The PS3 can have 7 controllers attached because it's got 7 individual BT radios.

    As far as I know, the Droid only has one. I dont know of any phones that have more than one.
  5. Droid Ninja
    RW-1's Avatar
    Member #
    10175
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nazareth, PA
    Posts
    2,257
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Or at least, like my Dinovo desktop, one BT receiver acting like a hub, I don't know the max number off hand, but my KB, mouse and media pad are on all the time, plus other BT stuff I've connected to, including my Droid, though it didn't give me much use.
  6. Junior Droid
    mek_man's Avatar
    Member #
    25489
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pudah View Post
    Can I do this? Im thinking of installing an aftermarket stereo into my car and keeping the stock OnStar/Bluetooth. I want it to auto connect to the GM Bluetooth for calls, and connect to the stereo for streaming music. Can I do this?
    Pudah,

    You can do this. I am doing this in my 09 Saturn Sky. Check out my write-up in my blog here.

    mek_man Blog Archive no a2dp.. no problem? (part 5)

    Hope this helps!

    mek_man
  7. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mek_man View Post
    Pudah,

    You can do this. I am doing this in my 09 Saturn Sky. Check out my write-up in my blog here.

    mek_man Blog Archive no a2dp.. no problem? (part 5)

    Hope this helps!

    mek_man
    Yes, this will work sort of, but it does not involve two separate bluetooth connections, just one connection that does two things. The OP specifically asked about two separate and functional bluetooth connections from his phone, which is not possible.
  8. Junior Droid
    mek_man's Avatar
    Member #
    25489
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mek_man View Post
    Pudah,

    You can do this. I am doing this in my 09 Saturn Sky. Check out my write-up in my blog here.

    mek_man Blog Archive no a2dp.. no problem? (part 5)

    Hope this helps!

    mek_man
    Yes, this will work sort of, but it does not involve two separate bluetooth connections, just one connection that does two things. The OP specifically asked about two separate and functional bluetooth connections from his phone, which is not possible.
    This works fine for what he wants to do. He wants HFP through the factory onstar/bluetooth and streaming audio (a2dp) through the headunit. The droid supports this without a problem. When a phone call comes in it mutes the audio to the headunit and takes the call. When the call is completed it goes back to streaming over the radio. I do this everyday and it is two separate bluetooth connections.
  9. Master Droid
    Technoman's Avatar
    Member #
    12158
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mek_man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mek_man View Post
    Pudah,

    You can do this. I am doing this in my 09 Saturn Sky. Check out my write-up in my blog here.

    mek_man Blog Archive no a2dp.. no problem? (part 5)

    Hope this helps!

    mek_man
    Yes, this will work sort of, but it does not involve two separate bluetooth connections, just one connection that does two things. The OP specifically asked about two separate and functional bluetooth connections from his phone, which is not possible.
    This works fine for what he wants to do. He wants HFP through the factory onstar/bluetooth and streaming audio (a2dp) through the headunit. The droid supports this without a problem. When a phone call comes in it mutes the audio to the headunit and takes the call. When the call is completed it goes back to streaming over the radio. I do this everyday and it is two separate bluetooth connections.
    Interesting, then I should be able to get connected to my BT headset for phone, and my T505 Motorola for music streaming. I have not been successful in getting my Droid to connect to both devices at the same time. Paired yes, but not connected. Perhaps it is because the T505 also supports the Headset profile in addition to the A2DP?
  10. Junior Droid
    mek_man's Avatar
    Member #
    25489
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mek_man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post

    Yes, this will work sort of, but it does not involve two separate bluetooth connections, just one connection that does two things. The OP specifically asked about two separate and functional bluetooth connections from his phone, which is not possible.
    This works fine for what he wants to do. He wants HFP through the factory onstar/bluetooth and streaming audio (a2dp) through the headunit. The droid supports this without a problem. When a phone call comes in it mutes the audio to the headunit and takes the call. When the call is completed it goes back to streaming over the radio. I do this everyday and it is two separate bluetooth connections.
    Interesting, then I should be able to get connected to my BT headset for phone, and my T505 Motorola for music streaming. I have not been successful in getting my Droid to connect to both devices at the same time. Paired yes, but not connected. Perhaps it is because the T505 also supports the Headset profile in addition to the A2DP?
    If the T505 supports HFP and a2dp you need to change the connection on the droid to be only media audio and not phone and media audio. Long press on the T505 under bluetooth connections and select Options.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android multiple bluetooth connections

,
android pair multiple bluetooth devices
,
can android connect to multiple bluetooth devices
,
connect 2 bluetooth devices to android
,
connect two bluetooth devices to android
,
how many bluetooth connections at once android
,

multiple bluetooth connections android

,
multiple bluetooth devices android
,
multiple bluetooth pairing
,
pair multiple bluetooth devices android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+