DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Super low price on Amazon.com

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Juke

Thumbs up Super low price on Amazon.com

So I was browsing Amazon.com today and I found that they are selling the Motorola Droid for $25.00

COOL!!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    I showed this to a verizon rep and asked him to match it... no go... he said of you buy it from them, then they are the ones you deal with on warranty issues and not the verizon store.

not sure if this is true or not... but he might just be blowing smoke to get me to buy from the store.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    I showed this to a verizon rep and asked him to match it... no go... he said of you buy it from them, then they are the ones you deal with on warranty issues and not the verizon store.

not sure if this is true or not... but he might just be blowing smoke to get me to buy from the store.
    I believe that. Same as if you bought your service from the local Best Buy -- they are who you deal with, not VZW directly.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I bought my sons Voyager off Amazon,and the Verizon store is where I took it and had it replaced under the manufacturer warranty when it broke.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post

I believe that. Same as if you bought your service from the local Best Buy -- they are who you deal with, not VZW directly.
    This is actually not true. You still can deal with a Verizon store, especially if they are a corporate store. If you buy the phone from Amazon, Best Buy Mobile, or anywhere else the fact is that you are a VERIZON customer. We have had issues at Best Buy Mobile when customers come in after the first 30 days.

Verizon has no record of where you got the phone, and to be honest it is none of their business if they ask. They do have record of when you got the phone, so that's enough for a warranty related issue.

PS: He was blowing smoke, remember they are all based on commission, so another phone out is more money in their pocket.
    Last edited by taypotts; 03-18-2010 at 09:56 PM.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by taypotts View Post
    This is actually not true. You still can deal with a Verizon store, especially if they are a corporate store. If you buy the phone from Amazon, Best Buy Mobile, or anywhere else the fact is that you are a VERIZON customer. We have had issues at Best Buy Mobile when customers come in after the first 30 days.

Verizon has no record of where you got the phone, and to be honest it is none of their business if they ask. They do have record of when you got the phone, so that's enough for a warranty related issue.
    Good to know. Thanks for setting me straight.

Links