DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silent Mode -phone goes there often - missing calls

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Very frustrating to me, because i did set it to silent mode once and it never vibrated. You would imagine if the vibrate function is set that no matter how you set the silent mode it will notice that, but it doesn't.
    +1. Word.

The vibrate function should be COMPLETELY independent of volume settings/silent mode. If you set the vibrate mode to ON in the settings, then it should ALWAYS vibrate, irregardless of what the ringer volume is set to.

The fact that different silent modes (especially the reverse-swipe) may or may not turn off vibration is almost a killer flaw for me. 99% - no, strike that - 100% of the time when I reverse swipe, its because I'm in an environment where an audible ring would be inappropriate (movie, business meeting, etc.) I *still* want the phone to vibrate so I know a call is coming in, yet the reverse swipe cancels that.

Motorola/Google *please* address this behavior in an upcoming update. I know you're reading this....
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dare
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo2112 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Very frustrating to me, because i did set it to silent mode once and it never vibrated. You would imagine if the vibrate function is set that no matter how you set the silent mode it will notice that, but it doesn't.
    +1. Word.

The vibrate function should be COMPLETELY independent of volume settings/silent mode. If you set the vibrate mode to ON in the settings, then it should ALWAYS vibrate, irregardless of what the ringer volume is set to.

The fact that different silent modes (especially the reverse-swipe) may or may not turn off vibration is almost a killer flaw for me. 99% - no, strike that - 100% of the time when I reverse swipe, its because I'm in an environment where an audible ring would be inappropriate (movie, business meeting, etc.) I *still* want the phone to vibrate so I know a call is coming in, yet the reverse swipe cancels that.

Motorola/Google *please* address this behavior in an upcoming update. I know you're reading this....
    Yeah, they should make it so you can set it so instead of making it silent, it puts it on vibrate.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Well they do, but the only way you can get it to do it is by using the silent within the menu > settings > sounds and then hitting the silent button, that is the ONLY way it will go into vibrate if it's checked off. The other 2 ways will put it completely silent. I checked it out before i had posted it, i had the vibrate checked, and then i used the silent mode from the lock screen, and it made it 100% silent, the same happened when i did the power button silent. But if you go through the menu, and you hit the silent button, it sets it to vibrate if you have it checked off, if you don't have vibrate checked off then it goes 100% silent. Seems like a little bit of code overlook here. Someone forgot a few IF commands
    Last edited by New2u; 11-21-2009 at 01:40 AM.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I just read in another forum that the Droid goes into silent mode when you plug in the usb charger and then disconnect it.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid by Verizon
    I've not seen the "goes silent on USB connect".

I like Ringer Toggle Widget for controlling silent, as well as "ear" for setting up profiles.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

earpiece only after charge, no speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy View Post
    I just read in another forum that the Droid goes into silent mode when you plug in the usb charger and then disconnect it.
    Hmmm...

This may be what I am experiancing... which is equally if not more frustrating.

My phone will act like it's in silent mode after i charge it (sometimes btw, not always) however if you go to turn the volume up, it's already up... meaning its not in silent mode. After further investigation I figured out the sound is coming through the earpiece only and not the speaker... after a reboot it goes back to normal...

anyone experiancing that?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    I experienced this the first two nights but then when I downloaded the Night Ringer app it solved the problem. My phone does not go into silent mode at any time now.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I didn't know what was causing it... but you may have figured out the mystery. I found that the only solutions were a couple apps which protected me so I don't miss calls. Night Ringer app and silent mode jammer.
    Last edited by samredman; 11-23-2009 at 09:28 AM.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    My droid has completely went silent twice... When I use the deskdock to charge it. I think the dock software has a bug. it permenently puts it in silent mode and I couldn't get it out. I had to Shift+ ALT+ DEL to reboot and get the sound back. Works fine until I use the dock charger.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammySue View Post
    My droid has completely went silent twice... When I use the deskdock to charge it. I think the dock software has a bug. it permenently puts it in silent mode and I couldn't get it out. I had to Shift+ ALT+ DEL to reboot and get the sound back. Works fine until I use the dock charger.
    I don't think the desk dock causes any volume issues.. At least mine doesn't and I've been using it from day one. I even tried to get it to go into silent mode as I was typing this. I unplugged the usb from the power while it was still docked and plugged the usb into my laptop and it still has sound.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links