DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Phone for my Wife

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC

New Phone for my Wife

I know this might be the wrong fourm/place to post this.
    But i have a DROID so i have some right lol but this is to people who
    might have a DROID and a mate who doesn't.

First of all for the time being I can't afford 2 data plans. My wife has the LG Dare and I'm pretty sure im gonna upgrade her phone soon. Whats a good phone? I know she wants something like my droid (with keyboard). Ever since I jumped into the smartphone scene I dunno where to find info other than VZ website for non smartphones. Wish I didnt have to pay another 30 to get the data plan or she would have the Eris or a Droid as well.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    On the VZW site, you can do a search for phones with QWERTY keyboards. Enter your location

Your best bet is to go into the store and let her play with them. If wife aint happy, aint nobody happy.
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Your pretty much stuck with a new data plan if you upgrade your wife's phone. Any phone you get that is not a 'DUMB' phone as vz puts it will cost you the data plan. Personally, the phones that vz offers or classifies as a dumb phone I wouldn't give my kid. As much as you hate it, you may want her to stick with her Dare for the time being until you can afford the additional data plan then just get her the Droid. That is my advice.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    lol yea I figured that but I just thought we might have some personal experiences only because she will pick up soem random phone and then not like it on the 31st day lol She got the Kraze before i was like omg nooooo. The Dare she has now was mines before I got the Omnia then went to the DROID.

Well yea she's gonna get a dumb phone probally lol just one with a keyboard
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Probably going to the verizon store is the best bet because their website leaves a little to be desired when it comes to selection. My wife will probably be upgrading from her blackberry to a droid soon so I'm used to footing the bill for her data plan already
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    yea sooner or later im gonna probally end up getting a data plan for her. She has a cake buisness and every now and then she will be out on the road and be like I wish i could do this or that then I whip out my DROID and be like oh thats easy. Then she gives me the slant eyes like this >_> lol
    Gonna be paying close to 200 dollars for our cell phones smh I give the bill slant eyes >_>
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    My wife is due for upgrade also but the replacement for the voyager is the envy touch which requires at least a $10 per month data package. For 20 more she can have a droid also or the devour (which she likes because of the motoblur and facebook)

Even the multimedia phones (keyboarded) are data required phones. Only one not is the motorola rival and its sucks a$$
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
    yea sooner or later im gonna probally end up getting a data plan for her. She has a cake buisness and every now and then she will be out on the road and be like I wish i could do this or that then I whip out my DROID and be like oh thats easy. Then she gives me the slant eyes like this >_> lol
    Gonna be paying close to 200 dollars for our cell phones smh I give the bill slant eyes >_>
    Sounds like me when I look at my bill. Between our two smartphones and the two phones my kids use the bill is up just over 200 also. I know what it is going to be and yet I curse everytime I open it up. lol
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    lol if anything when I get my kids phones they gonna get the FREE phones lol I use my smartphone for work and I need my emails 24/7 with my job and everything. Even then I still kinda felt bad doing the 30dollar plan but I had the 15dollar data for the Dare at the time.

I was just thinking I would maybe get the Devour for her but since all these deals on the DROID are out maybe ill wait till I made the switch. Thanks for the info though guys!

I went to shinkmybills.com from like tmobile or w/e they suggested I go to sprint. Looked at sprints phone selection and slant eyed them >_> lol ill stay with VZ.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GNexus, wife DRazr
    My wife has been giving me the slanty eyes ever since I got my droid in November. She had upgraded to the Omnia last April, and hates the phone, fortunately, verizon called last Friday to let us know she is eligable for early upgrade, so I ordered her a droid, she gets it tonight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links